Plant Genie?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cacapipi, Mar 18, 2011.

1. does the plant genie work? I'm going to have 1 small plant, micro-growing. Anyone ever try using 1, is it legit?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Plant-Genie-Automatic-Watering-System/dp/B003AY1ZPM]Amazon.com: Plant Genie Automatic Plant Watering System: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

[​IMG]

2. bump, cmon someone about to go to walmart lol

3. They do work for most plants but with pot plants you should let the soil dry out a little bit between waterings. Plus having your soil constantly wet you run a better chance of getting soil gnats. If your going to be gone for a number of days and no one to water your plant then that would be a good time to use one.

4. word, so I know you said it should be watered whenever the soil is dry, however, is that like 3 times a day I'm planning on buying distilled water in a lil bit.

5. On average anout every 2-3 days. Water till you have about 20% of the water going in as run off out of the bottom, that run off is also what you want to make sure that the PH range of it is between 6.2-6.8.

6. Learn to water manually, this is junk for non growers.

7. This will saturate your plant's soil, won't allow your plant to develop healthy root growth. The plant don't want to be consistently wet, Which is what this thing does. MJ want's to have dryspells.

8. 3 times a day is 3 times too many

9. Way too much water.. Easiest way to tell.. Water your girl and lift the pot.. Feel how heavy it is.. Then don't water until you can lift the pot and it fills light.. The weights are significantly different..

Another way is to stick your finger into the soil and don't water until it doesn't feel wet..

I've even heard of using a sharpened pencil to judge it.. Stick it in and if it comes out wet don't water, but I've never tried that myself.. I just lift..:wave:

10. Yes lifting can help you prevent damaging any roots when it is older...but if you have been growing a plant for awhile you will eventually get it down to a schedule.