plant fell over, any chance it survives?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MN_northernherb, Sep 10, 2012.

1. so i've got a small personal grow going this year, and one the plants is quite large. We've had some strong winds lately that knocked the big plants over (their in pots) and it may have laid on its side for up to three days.

When i went to check on the grow i found the large plant laying on its side. it still looked healthy, but all the leaves were drooping.

this is probably pointless to ask, but to make me feel better i'll ask anyway, is there any chance it will survive? could a healthy plant survive laying on its side for up to three days? it looks healthy but its droopy. it landed in the shade and i'm wondering if it was a bit starved for light...

fuuuucckkkk. i'm such as idiot. the plant is in full sun now, and I dug a hole and buried the pot partially so hopefully it doesnt happen again but fuck. sometimes i'm an idiot.

anyone had a plant survive something like this? its a dinafem power kush.

2. It was probably wilted because it needed water. Otherwise the leaves would have just turned to face the sun. Give it a drink and it will be fine.

3. Beware of mold too. I would go ahead and get some fungicide from lowes and spray her down just in case. She was laying on dewey grass for three days and thats a good way to catch mold. Its happened to me before. If you see lil milky spots on your leaves then thats mold. Good luck hoss

4. i'm familiar with mold, its a big problem in minnesota, i'll keep an eye in it. i hope you guys are right. i've got 3 other plants that combined are the size of this plant, if it dies i'll loose half my yield for this year :(

i'm gonna check on it tomorrow and i'll let you know how it looks. I'm jsut so mad at myself, i knew it was getting huge and top heavy, i shouldnt have let it go this long without supporting it.

live and learn i guess...

**and i feed it today (thats why i was out there), when i go back tomorrow i'll water it again if it looks like it wants it/dry soil

5. well the plant was ok. but, i staked it into the ground like one might do to a tree and the wind split several large branches where they attach to the stem :(

i attempted to support the split branches and a couple i thought had the potential to split by tieing them up so we'll see what happens. i've seen plants recover branches that have split but these are large branches...

ugg, nothing can be simple and just work. i guess that is just the nature of outdoor growing though.

6. it will survive......i snap branches all the time to limit the height....it will heal itself and turn up to the sun.....

ENJOY THE HARVEST

7. As already stated, it will be fine. Relax and lets see a pic of this monster...

8. hey mn havent seen you around here in a long time, hope the plants are ok

9. i know i need to relax, but so much time, effort, blood, and sweat goes into caring for these plants, its hard not to worry about them.

but on the bright side, all but the largest branch that split seem to be healing. the largest is a question mark. there may just be too much damage for it to survive. we'll see

as far as pictures go, i posted pics of my first outdoor grow a couple years ago, but i'm leery about doing it again. you just never know whos watching

thanks for humoring me during my panic

**and i'm around, i just dont post very much anymore. i dont have anything interesting to say :p

10. Guaranteed, if you remain caring for her just how you are(other than letting her fall over), she survive. even if just one shoot remains.

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. oops, poor word choice, i mean for the branch to survive. the rest of the plant is in the clear now.

but if only one shoot remained it would be a bummer. though i would thank the pot gods for atleast gifting me something though :smoke: