plant dying :( help please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by we8yids, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Hmmm.... that looks more like a booster fan than a powerful inline fan. You got a really good light, don't cheap out now. Get a real inline fan, and if you're concerned about odor a nice can filter. Is there a grow/hydro shop near you? If so i'd ask them about fans and ducting. Just MHO.

2. ive got a 1000w aircooled and booster fan ($30) and my temps stay at 79... different strokes for different folks!(dont get me wrong, When i start to smell em, ill be upgrading to hydrofarms 470 cfm with a nice filter.. booster fan works great for now though!)

3. Attached Files:

4. please tell me your gunna unwrap the cord before turning the cool tube on! lol

5. Haha, yeah man. I forgot to take the film off the reflector though lol :rolleyes:

6. So what about the fan situation guys? Should i get the ruck fan or the first 1? It says the first 1 is more powerful but like med grower says it might be a booster

7. I got the tt fan kit guys, however i will be getting a ruck or rvk fan soon. The kit should arrive by wednesday so should have the 400w hps up and running, just in time for flowering :). Does she look close to flowering? Also i woke up to find the tips of the leaves touching the light, should i trim the burnt bits off?

Attached Files:

8. Alright guys, getting a bit excited think she is starting to flower :hello:! Also have you ever seen a 8 blades on a leaf??

Attached Files:

9. 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.. all but 2 bladed leaves ive seen! lol lookin very very nice my man!

10. my eldorado got up to 11 blades. good recovery maaan. i was like whoa lol

11. Safe j, i just thought it was odd having an even number of blades lol :smoke:. Yeah man not bad considering its my 1st grow and i managed to save it :yay:.
    Lil j and a few others gave me some tips from the top to be fair though.

12. Sup guys, lil update. Also can i connect any household lead and plug to my fan?

Attached Files:

13. Alright got the cool tube set up, however still got some heat issues :(. Got the door open a lil and the temp is 86! I think it will rise to about 90 at its hottest hour! Do you think i can get away with it being that hot or would a cpu fan at the bottom for intake or a cpu fan at the top for exhaust help it out? Im only growing autoflower strains for the time being and apparantly they can take alot of abuse!!! Help would really really be appreciated at this stage of my 1st grow.
    Cheers guys

Attached Files:

14. id do both fans man.. i have a big box fan that feeds cool air into the room, plus my fan for my light hood, and tamps stay between 77-79 during lights on.. But im in a basement and the temps outside are droppin quick.. after all it is x-mas time!

15. Hi, I was following your post, and I think your plant has recovered well. Marijuana is a pretty tough plant. I wouldn't worry too much about the heat, as long as your plant shows no stress. Hell, I burned the shit out of mine, the light was touching the plant. Then I over fert, but she took it and survived. Good luck with your grow!!!

16. Alright i have changed it all around lol. Basically i took the duckting off 1 end of the cool tube so i can exhaust the cool tube aswell as the cab. I have put a 4" inline fan in the bottom corner with a 7 " fan on top of it facing upwards because all the heat seems to be trapped between the light and top of the plant, also clipped a fan to the underside of the cooltube. I put the carbon active filter on the exhaust fan to reduce the noise. With all that done the temp is now 82-83 with the door open a tad, which to be fair is about the same as the cfl at this time of day! She's drooping a bit 2, is that due to the temp or is she adjusting to her new lights? Should i get a 250w hps to help out on the temp?

Attached Files:

17. Alright GS, got another update :). Got the temp sorted by leaving the doors open. Anyways here she is, already 4" bigger than its supposed final height!

Attached Files:

18. Kind of gives me a "stiffy" LOL

19. Water till soil is moist, if nutes used remove them, make light if cfl 4 to 6 inches away, tear off old burnt leaves if come off with a gentle tug do not force!! and also PLANTS ARE MEANT TO SURVIVE HEAT! I hate when people say below 90 F is too hot because it isnt its good to consider in budding/flowering but your in veg dont worry about the heat 86 is great think of real life(Florida) plants grow strong in nice warm places