Plant died

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Abdultj, Nov 30, 2019.

1. D9534B6F-8D93-436F-B648-B3A828032B6D.jpeg 683C1BAD-7828-41F6-85B0-5A2C1EDE0B36.jpeg guys am confused, I had my light well soil and water well, the room was warm, what did I do wrong ‍♂️

2. Your soil is way too saturated......damping off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I second this.
    There's a very small chance that could recover...but yeah, does really not look good, the bend has all but cut the top off. I've seen plants somehow pull through this kinda thing, but at that size the odds are against it. Maybe just leave it alone a bit and see what it does after some morning sun.
    Though yeah, I'd look at planting another one at this stage.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. No h8 but I will never understand why folks think drowning their seedlings will help them grow.

Reeeeeelax! Enjoy the grow, it takes time, u can't force it. It's easier to recover from under watering than over watering.

You could try teasing it out of the mud with a toothpick and put in some drier soil, like straight from the bag. And do not water for a day or two. And then just drops around the seedling if it's showing any sign of recovery.

5. Wet

• Like Like x 1
  6. You need to add perlite to the soil and have holes in the bottom of cup. 20-30% of your mix should be perlite.

At this stage, a 50 ml syringe works great to apply water around the perimeter of the cup and keep the soil around the delicate stem dry. The roots will grow towards the edges of the cup to seek the water. Everyone’s afraid to let the soil dry but that’s important in a soil grow. The dry period is when the roots can breathe.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. #7 TheUltimateNoob, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Severely overwatered seedling... Just let everything dry out properly, if it doesn't spring back after about 2 or 3 days once the soil is dry, then IMO its done for and I would start another seed.

I water seedlings like twice a week, and around the plant, so the roots search out for the water instead of being drenched - which causes the dampening off.

PS; I grow in soil.

Coco may need more frequent watering for seedlings - I don't know much about coco - but I believe the basis is the same, water around and don't drench the medium. Note that this is only for seedlings though.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

8. Yeah,coco gets treated just the same for seedlings mate. Only until they’re rooted up though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I feed seedlings 2-3 times a day in Tupur (coco mix) with a 50 ml syringe around the perimeter. I can get to 5 nodes in 10-14 days this way and start training.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Put an oscillating fan on it , light breeze
    Put somewhere warm
    Let it ride , if it stretches transplant in some dryer more aerated soil

Like Forest Gump says
    "Sh-It happens"

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mix up a batch with 50/50 of grow medium/Perlite and transplant into that if you want a nice aerated medium with good drainage.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  12. Futher more everyone has told you to START YOUR OWN THREAD...... but you cannot get that through your head so I will assume you cannot get much through your head due to that