Plant communication

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by lupuzx, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Ok, So One day I was chilling in my grow room, pretty blazed, I decided to do some topping. Seeing as I had 4 Clones from the same mother I decided to to top 2 of them. I come back the next day and saw not only that the topped clones were stunted, but also the untopped ones too. Then I looked at the rest of plants in the same area, and saw that they also had not grown compared to the usual growth they experience each day. So I let a couple of days go by, and when the topped clones started to regain their usual growth pattern, I also noticed that the rest of the plants in the area recovered and continued their growth.

The thing is I have noticed that that has happened on some other occasions, I'm not sure if this happens in general, or if it was just more noticeable those times. I have read and heard about plant Shrubs that communicate with each other via chemical agents they release into the air or through the roots and thus preparing other plants for the eventual attack or change that will present it self.

Now I can't say for sure that the conditions were maintained exactly the same throughout my observations, But they were relatively stable. leading me to believe that somehow by topping the plants, may have release chemical hormones, that the other plants in the area received and thus stunting them for healing purposes and then returning to normal when the healing process has finished on the topped plants.

Has anyone else noticed this, or theorized about this possibility?

2. Tomato plants have a hormone that is released into the air from areas that have been bitten into by insects that are feeding on the plant.  It was really simple, the hormone was stored in small vessels near the surface of the plants "skin" and when the insect bit into the plant it would be released into the air, then if the hormone landed on a nearby tomato plant it would trigger an immune system type response where it would start making natural insecticides and other chemicals to deter the insects from chewing on them.

Cannabis might have a similar defense mechanism.  If this defense mechanism is triggered when you are trimming or topping some of your plants it would make sense that they were stunted.  The plant would need to use energy to create all the defensive chemicals to fight off the impending attack, and this would mean that it would use less energy towards growth and development.

3. Naa. Do some more research, you def noticed something. Don't be easily swayed from your intuition. I have read studies that claimed plants had electrodes installed checking some reactions, and they found that if 2 plants were in a room and a man crushed one then left the room scientists noticed an electrical reaction. When the mam re-entered the room the plant went nuts like it was afraid. Pretty crazy shit.

4. I've heard a lot of old times claim that your plants seem to be an expression of you and will react different to different growers along a personality level. Only makes sense that there is more we don't understand then we actually do understand.

5. Entanglement testing would be neat! Clones in different rooms topped :)

6. Secret life of plants a movie from the eighties

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
    Stevie wonder did the soundtrack

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. What I find really interesting are the mycorrhizae. They're a fungi that form a symbiotic relationship with plants/trees, providing them with essential nutrients and in return getting a form. They work as sort of a neural network for the forest, and when one tree in the vicinity is needing nutrients, they register this, and transport nutrients from elsewhere to help this dude out. Of course it's a lot more in-depth than this, but even in laymans terms I just find it fascinating.