Plant Budding with 14 hours of sunlight?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Primo832641, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Up here in NH sunrise and sunset is allowing about 14 hours of sunlight on my plants, and they are beginning to flower/produce buds. It won't be 12/12 here until mid September, I always read that the plant flowers once the light cycle is 12/12 is that incorrect?:confused: Also what is going to happen when 12/12 actually comes?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. When you grow outdoors, the plant begins to flower when it notices the days are getting shorter. 12/12 is just an indoor growers way of imitating the days getting shorter. Some will start to flower at 15, 14, 13 hours of sunlight. It all depends on the strain and when the plant begins to notice the days are shortening...

Happy growin cause they look gorgeous.

3. i think if your outside nature should just run its course.
    those are some nice looking plants youve got there dude, what strain are they?

4. [quote name='Primo832641']Up here in NH sunrise and sunset is allowing about 14 hours of sunlight on my plants, and they are beginning to flower/produce buds. It won't be 12/12 here until mid September, I always read that the plant flowers once the light cycle is 12/12 is that incorrect?:confused: Also what is going to happen when 12/12 actually comes?

My plant is also getting about 14 hours of light and it too has started budding:rolleyes:
    so i would agree that plants just throw thier flower once they start to feel the change in the weather......but a 12/12 lighting cycle can be used outdoors to force flower a plant....just finde something to drape them with and let absoloutly NO light in, or you could keep them in pots and throw them in a dark closet or something with a towel under the door as to let no light in :rolleyes:
    :smoking:

5. Its perfectly normal, don't change a thing. You want to be flowering early that far north, to avoid an early freeze. Nice plants, buddy!

6. 12/12 is a meaninless number UNLESS you are
    #1 - growing in side and switch to flowering from vegetation
    #2 - going to put a bag on your plants every night and take it off every am to induce early flowering.

NOW IS the time that many of you have just started flowering, mid August is EXACTLY the time for most people that live above the mid line of the country(north south line).

Dark is about 8:30pm, light is about 6am, so they are flowering right now with 14.5 hours of daylight.

7. exactly what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm in the northeast and it's been this time every year they start to flower for me.

8. I'm in the northeast too..In NJ, and my plants are at the same stage as yours.

9. im in mass like 20 minutes of the nh border. the tops are getting full quick and the middle ones are right along but not as much as tops and the bottom is going slow is this mormal or am i doig something wrong

10. nope all is normal.

11. Lots of North Easters!! I live in Maine and my plants showed their sex a couple of weeks ago. You also have to look at what shade they get at the beginning and end of each day. Outdoor plants are way different from what takes place inside. The 12/12 is a guidline to use inside that works 99% of the time. If I could tell nature to turn and stay at 12/12 it would be amazing on my final haverst because I know for a fact at the end of the year I'm not getting a complete strong 12 hour day!! But outdoor weed always tastes and feels better!!

Anyways, for all you noreasters watch the hell out for choppers!!!! I came home from work today to find the county sheriffs dragging my plants through the woods into their truck!! Man what a awfull sight that is!! I got ripped off last year, changed my location, and get busted this year. Luckily it is only a misdemenor (spelling?)!

12. Ugggh sorry about your loss there Vague. At least its only a misdemeanor !!!