Plant budding but i don't want it to.....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by IYAJONES, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Hi there i have some clones growing and they have been in veg for about 4 weeks now and they starting to bud and i still want them to veg a bit longer so i can get more bud................

i use a 250w mh light and am running them for 16-8
    do you guys/girls have any advice for me to get them to continue veg? would it be advised to put the timing up a bit to 22-2 24-0? are plants even suppose to bud off mh lights??is it worth while putting a flowering plant in a veg??

thanks if you peeps could answer these questions it would be great........

ps this only happened with the clones the other plants from seed are still veging strong

2. 16 is short enough to trigger flowering in some strains. You should do at LEAST 18/6 or 24/0.

3. thank you.................the strains are stoned imaculate and hawain snow........these are the ones that are budding are they strains that would switch into flower mode with 16/0............if i change to 24/0 would it make the plant that is showing sex already go back into veg mode thanks you

4. Yes they will start to veg again, but be mindful that starting and stopping the flowering cycle stresses the plants and can lead to hermies. If you switch them to a longer 'day' then give them several weeks of it before inducing flowering.

EDIT: Are you sure they aren't just pre-flowering?

5. thanks for the advice...................dunno what you mean by preflower...........but the plant is shooting out lots of pistols and in the beginning stages of budding....

6. Are you sure they arent just stipules. Both sexes show those during veg.

If you arent seeing white hairs, they are not pistils.

7. I'm not in the camp that believes plants that start to flower and are reverted to veg one time before going back permanently to flower will have tendency to hermie, but I do know for a fact that it adds to the overall timetable for the plant, potentially by as much as several weeks.

8. ITs definetly white pistols and purple ones definetly the begining of bud ...........oh well im gonna bud these women and just get more clones.............but what amazes me is with the mh light it buds???

9. I've had it happen when they were thrown too quickly back into flower after revegging, and I've also done it on purpose with crazy light schedules to induce herbs (an experiment).

Most of the time they are just fine though.

10. you may or may not have a MH conversion bulb, which gives off more of the red spectrum, not more than the blue, but more than standard MH. if you see pistils already, i would flip the switch 12/12. use a longer day period for veg on next run. live and learn from your mistakes. :smoke: