Plant and Let Grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ColbyBarrows, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Hello growers. I've been searching through the forums and have been finding that a lot of outdoor growers fix up the soil. Is it absolutely necessary to change the soil? Can I just plant my seeds in a good spot, water them when it doesn't rain, and let them grow?

Also, how long does it take for the plants to start smelling from germination? I'm starting the grow indoors, then moving it outside into the woods.

2. You don't have to add anything extra to the soil but most people do just to get better quality bud. If other weeds are growing in the area, your marijuana will do fine. They will smell once they start to flower. I would say at least use some fertilizer once your plant is about 3 weeks old and stop 1 and a half weeks before you plan to harvest. Good Luck man.

3. Sure you can. Will it be quality. Most likely not.

4. Your results will reflect your effort. If you take the time to find a good spot it is +1. If you help the plant along with prep it is +1..... There are endless ways for you to improve your final product but I agree with above...if other plants live there...your plant probably can too just don't get your hopes up about yield or quality.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

5. Replace the soil entirely with a quality soil mix or ur results will definitely be lacking. The bigger the hole you dig and the more soil you replace the better off you will be.

Sent from my HTC One S using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. The difference is seen in the size and health of the plant. The flowers will also be greatly affected. It takes an investment in soil and smendments but the plant will produce a large more potent yield. It is worth every penny spent. Some amendment such as crab meal and neem help prevent pest as well as providing nutrients. The more prep work done the better the crop. I never leave my plant unattended but understand you situation. That's even more reason to prep the soil correctly. My soil is water only and I add a tea for a boost every now and then. It pays off.

7. yeah barren soils have no food
    plants need food like us
    they won't smell until mid/late flowering so since you just start indoors, no pb
    for ferts you can use many as long as you got your NPK covered and you give ony light ferts (lke worm castings to seedlings nutil 1 month) then move up into another container or final hole with strgonger ferts (horse manure, chicken manure, kelp, bat guano are all good)

8. Last year i tried it out with a plant

Planted late summer. The sucker survived through a heat wave with no water. Come october me and my buddy harvest that a got a little over a zip of some super freaking sticky bud. Smoked great! All i did was dig a 1x1 hole and put some cheap soil in it and let it do its thing

this year im doing the same thing with most of my seeds since i got to go gurilla. Im just going to grab a post digger and fill it in with soil and let the plants do their thing

Come october i should have some big ass trees to harvest

9. might work for some bag seeds but is a real hit or miss deal. Dont count on anything and be happy if you do get a harvest.

So your saying a weed that was created outdoors isnt going to be able to grow outdoors? lol wut m8

so in that theory i should be lucky to get tomatos if plant them outside? or peppers? or onions? Damn trying to grow outdoors and no get a crop!

Yea, the get converted to deer poop. being tended they have a much better chance. Iv had outdoor grows topped to 6 inches tall by deer who like the ganga salad. 400 plants down to 10 runt plants.

12. I live in an area with a lot of deer

thankful ive never had my plants run in with deer *knocks on wood*

there are tricks, poop from humans and dogs, urine. deer have good noses and will avoid human smells.

14. Bars of soap in pantyhose hung as a perimeter around your plants helps with deer and other animals. Fencing them in will as well obv

15. The plant reflects what you put into it. Water helps the plant grow and develop colas. Why not spend less than $100 and grow some killer meds. Using a built soil and watering at least 2-3 times a weeks and you will be amazed with the result. You could potentially grow lbs per plant.