Plant 1.5 Weeks Into Flower, Something Wrong?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jberg1992, Jul 2, 2014.

1. This is my first grow and I may just be paranoid, but my plant really took off when it started flowering and it seems like theres been a lot less leaf growth. Also there seems to be a lot of pistils but not actual buds. Anybody have advice?

Attached Files:

2. Patience young grass smoker. When you switch to flower the plants stop producing as much leaves and start producing buds. First the white pistols, then soon the bud will follow behind it

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yeah it won't really start to look like a bud you smoke until about 3 weeks after pistils start to show... that is about when it will stop stretching as well. This is a good thing. They really fatten up the last few weeks... then the pistils retract into the calyx and fatten up.

4. Hey well thanks guys. Do u have any recommendations for making this sexy lady bulk up more than she already will? All i plan on using while shes flowering is the ff bloom big and im not sure if thats enough

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 jonny.blaze/420, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
    Should be enough if you have a good base soil. Use full strength on that one because it is all organic and relatively mild. Feed every other watering... I use that if for some reason my water only soil ends up not being enough.

You could tie a few branches down to get some light into the lower parts of the plant.

6. Hey guys, im a little bit farther into the flowering and noticed some red pistils. Is this a problem? You have to look kind of closely in the pics but yea they randomly around the plant by buds

Attached Files:

7. Anyone? Por favor

8. Looks fine to me OP

9. Idk if you can see them, but random red pistils in the flower is ok?

10. After vegetation is done they need less nitrogen. Give them some calcium and potassium calcium helps growth and makes the chlorophyl a lot more efficient, unfortunately the best source for both is bone meal. Or you could use one of these artificial growth boosters.

11. Well im using ff bloom big.. is it safe to sprinkle some bone meal on top and the fert?