Plans for next season?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Scumbucket, Oct 25, 2009.

1. What are you all planning (if anything) for the next outdoor season?

Or what have you bought in advance ?

Or is planning so far ahead not really a thing many people do when growing ?:confused:

Right now I plan on getting around 4-5 females growing after the males are dealt with:devious:, starting them in jiffy peat pellets.

Then moving into bigger pots for the remainder of their lives.

I hope to get some Fox Farm ocean forest soil and use that for most of the plants.

And for the others I decide to not use the fox farm soil on I will be planting into my own blend of assorted soils, perlite, peat moss, sand, and with a bit of coffee grounds, eggshells, and worm castings for nutrients.

I might try the technique of watering with molasses on 1-2 to see results.

I am also going to LST each of these plants (and maybe try my hand at cloning, who knows).

So all in all next year is looking pretty good for me, considering this year I grew numerous plants but only saw one to harvest and I was forced to harvest in like august due to complications with location :mad:. I have been growing for 2 years but I never invested to much time in learning how to do it effectively until this year so a lot of these things I am trying are gonna be new experiences to me.

Any advice ?

2. Bump:wave:

Here are some fairly recent pictures I took with a cell phone camera, I would say maybe 2-3 days old.

The plant has been growing rapidly these past few days after this picture was taken, I would say it is about 3-4 inches taller now and has I think 2-3 new sets of leaves.

I hope it doesn't get to cold down here until shes about ready to harvest, I just pray it gets to cold to fast and she ends up not producing anything. :(

I will try to remember my camera next time I visit the site.
    :smoke:

Also - This grow was the first time I tried a little LST early in its life, I took out the restraints holding it in place about 2-3 days ago when I took the attached picture.

Should I put them back in place and continue LST ?

Attached Files:

3. Forgot a few little things I meant to add,

That post was just an update on my current grow, I just didn't feel the need to start a new thread.

This plant is a little experiment to see how it will do with the colder temperatures and a light cycle that doesn't encourage much vegetative growth. I also wanted to see if colder temperatures do in fact cause the plant to grow with a little purple color visible on the leaves or buds.

This plant is around 1-1 1/2 months into its life and is just starting to flower and fill out.

I "topped" 2-3 of the main branches that started growing vertical from LST so they will hopefully produce more "colas".

I am also pretty sure there is some sort of bug feeding on my plants leaves, but the symptoms don't match anything I have read about in the info I looked to for help.

If anyone would like to try and diagnose the problem I'll post the symptoms ?

Please feel free to offer advice or opinions on my plans and current grow !

Damn that was more than I originally meant to write ?
    blame talkative attitude on the focalin I snorted earlier this evening:yay:

4. Pictures taken on 10/31

5. if you plan on using seeds start germinating in january that gives u plenty of time to sex them as i would suggest not using any material in ur soil that isnt in mulched form it may become hot and cause a nitrogen burn and last i use mollassis and it added approx. 28% weight and its gooey buds

6. #6 NYC Diesel, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
    Im growing a single plant where I live, and a guerrilla grow upstate at my friends house.

P.S. Scrummy: You can continue to LST that plant if you want, but the stem looks pretty thick now. Although having done that wont really hurt you, it might even provide extra support when buds start to grow.

7. I might be doing all guerilla this year. It'll be a while till it's warm enough for me to germinate but I'm preparing the soil early so it's ready to go. It's just a little tough hauling a huge bag of horse shit through the woods let alone sneaking that into the woods without anyone seeing.