Planning to make a secret grow bucket.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CallMePhil, Mar 20, 2009.

1. #1 CallMePhil, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my idea. Im going to use a 42 gallon trash bucket about 31.5 inches tall. From the top of the bubble bucket to the top, i have about 15 inches grow room height and 8-20 inches of grow room width.

I plan to grow using the bubble bucket method and also use the low stress training method so that i can fit the plant in the bucket. If i need to do some fimming and topping, or adding food, i can take this outside. The top view shows a clearer picture of the placement of the mirrors and lights.

Is this a good idea? Any comments? Any suggestions?

2. -You never want to use a mirror as a reflector.

3. mirror is only 40% reflective absorbs most of your light you have. Get yourself some mylar or fire blankets for your use would work well. Remember that you need it to be light proof or keep it some place like a closet that stays dark all the time when your in bloom and the light getting threw the can would be a big no no. If you get the black and white polly and rap that around the inside of the can would fix the problem. Also just as a thought you might want to set something up to adjust the height of your lights want to keep them close I am guessing your using cfl's you could also go a step past what your thinking and give them more light using some spliters and double your # of lights

4. The can is a black color. The only thing i have to worry about is the bottom hole where im going to put the input fan.

Im planning on using HPS and Sodium Halide light bulbs. Should i set them closer?

And Thanks for the tip about mirrors. Should i wrap cardboard with mylar and place it at the same angle as the mirrors? Should i also wrap the entire inside can with mylar?

5. I would just rap the can in mylar I think you would find the hps to be a waist of energy with how small of a hps you would use minds as well use cfls in my opinion the 150w hps are really inoficent and you will have more heat that way get 8 curley cues and call it good.
    as for your trying to do cardboard thing forget about it the mylar all around the can will do the job and put it on top of the 1x1 furring strips you can make to hold your lights hook a chain into the top that you can hook to some hooks held to the top of the can and call it a day. I would still watch it even though it is black sounds dumb but put it over your head in the room it will be in with as much light that will ever be on sure you cant see out. doesn't take much light to have problems in bloom. thats why I sugested the black white polly 80% refrelective more durable being 6mil not 2mil like mylar and has white for inside black for outside will double up your light cover.

6. [​IMG]

How about this? The entire inside is wrapped in mylar, and there will be 4 rows with 3 lights surrounding the plant? Ill hook it up properly when i get the chance. The top view is the same except that there is no mirror.

Also i would love a second opinion if anyone has it?