Planning my future grow setup...got a few questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by crasstastic, Jun 14, 2007.

1. okay i'm trying to figure out what all i will need for my future set up. I'm thinkin about buying a grow tent because its easily moved, and I dont have easy access to a wood shop to make my own setup. specifically: http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=51322

i'm looking at using a 400w HPS/MH system (the kit from htg), and i'll be growing 1-3 plants, starting off with 1 of course and after my first harvest i'll decide whether or not to increase the number of plants. here are my questions, if you need any clarification or more info let me know.

Would the cheapy 4" 80cfm inline fan be enough ventilation, or would a larger fan be needed?
    [edit]: 40x40x72 = 66 2/3 cubic feet, so the 80cfm fan paired with a carbon filter should be sufficient, right?

Should i get a co2 system or any other regulatory system for that matter? right now i'm not concerned about boosting the yield since this will be my first harvest.

Is there anything else i would need for hardware (excluding thermostats, pH meter, etc, etc)

[edit#2]: this set up will most likely be in an apartment, would the ballast be too loud? if you think so, what would be a better alternative?