Planning first indoor grow..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chief of Kief, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I've been pondering over loads of equipment and whatnot on online stores/ebay in anticipation of starting my first indoor grow. I've spent hours upon hours reading journals/info/etc on cannabis as a whole.

My current financial situation would lead me more toward something like this to start me off. I'll be getting a full-time job and renting my own place as soon as possible.
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SEA-GREEN-GR...214?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebff7367e

I'm wondering what kind of yield I could obtain from this. I've personally been dying to grow C99 as I love sativas and they are apparently high-yielding as well as short flowering, although full out high-yielding strains like Critical Mass have also been catching my eye.

In any case, what would some of you guys recommend in terms of plant training/strain choice/etc to obtain the maximum yield possible from this unit. My plan is to start with this, and use the proceeds to get a bigger 26-32 plant 3x600w HPS system..unless I can find more info which would make LEDs a better option.

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated, as well as what upgrades I could initially make.

Thanks

2. Total Rip off

Light is 278 on amazon.com

Amazon.com: 240W LED Grow Light Lighthouse Hydro BlackStar 240 Watts Flowering: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Tent well a 2x2x4 tent is about 120 bucks.

Carbon Filter with fan about 120 bucks.

So your up to 518 bucks. The pots in there are ultra cheap get those anywhere.

As for yields...what all new growers are obessed with. Focus on the grow which can be easy or hard depending on you and youll have a good yield. Shitty grow shitty yield.

Anyhow that box is a rip off. At most 600 bucks. Spend the other 300 on nutes, soil and seeds.

3. excellent advice ,bout died when i seen price for that set up ,if your looking to grow dank ,buy you 600watt mh/hps light off amazon,they have some 4x4x7tents on amazon .which is what i bought ,but i went with 400watt done good but then got 1000hps for tent but i pull 4-5 oz plant .tent and400watt light was 308$ . imo if you go that route get 600 watt. good luck...... kybudz

4. Thanks guys, looks like I'll be avoiding pre-assembled solutions all together, I can assemble myself to save money; might as well. I'll create another thread in the Room Design section, and get things moving forward with the best options I can discover. Cheers.

5. Best way to go.