Planning first coco run 3 weeks help wanted

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Heatherlonglee, May 6, 2011.

1. The look and feel of the coco was to sexy! I had to try!

2. That was the first thing I noticed when I first opened it. I bought the loose stuff in a bag, not compressed blocks. (Canna brand)
    Good texture and great smell compared to the potting mix I'd been using.

If you ever feel like spending half your time watering, you should give it another go.
    Great results.

Keep us posted on your next grow.

3. My coco last a good while between each watering, I usually just choose not to let it dry out very much now....I was just away for 4 days, and the plants were not droopy whatsoever, did not even look thirsty, but the pot was so dried out when i lifted it up it felt as light as a feather(3gallon smart pots).

Could be the amendments you added, I use straight cocogro and have had no issues like that, I actually wish I added some perlite to mine

4. I think you gave up to quickly. I bet if you had one girl in coco this grow and the rest in soil you'd find a way to make coco work for you. is your coco really coarse? I use botanicare's ready grow and it holds water pretty good. did you just pour water in the pot in one spot or did u really soak it?

5. You should really try out Botanicare's Readygro Heavy Moisture Formula. Its nice I only water around every 2 days and the plants don't seem to mind.

I bet I could get away with watering every 3 days but I think they like it more every 2 days.

Just my 2 cents.

6. hey heather the two I have with soil moist are doing good one showed mag def so I watered it might have been heat/humid but the other one is doing just fine, I think its been 4 or 5 days since I first transplanted and watered.

7. update just watered the other one lasted quite awhile without feeding and looks fine grow is normal. we will see how she does in flowering.

8. They'd like daily feeding even more. Feeding less often won't give optimum growth.

9. Please read and look into the first thread i just posted on Sediment Barriers in COCO/ Dialing COCO's pH from the beginning (even before transplant). I am interested to hear your thoughts or any experiences you have had with this knowledge.

10. Hate that it didnt work for you. Do you have any other grows going on?