Planning an amsterdam trip, lookin' for people who've been there

Discussion in 'General' started by avsfan89, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Hey guys, this is my first post, i'm planning a euro trip in May and June and one of my EXTENDED stays will be in amsterdam! I'm really looking forward to it, especially for the coffee. the reason for this post is to ask anyone who has knowledge of traveling and staying in Amsterdam. specifically i'm looking for things to do and which "coffee" shops are good and which are bad. i figure hearing it from someone who has truly experienced it will be beneficial to me on my trip. also any other information that you happen to have on traveling northern europe (Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, England, Ireland, Scotland) that'd be welcome as well!

thanks

2. I stayed a week by myself beack in Sept...I'm going back in 6 weeks for trance energy

As far as things to do you will have no problem keeping yourself busy...It amsterdam for christs sake..hell you can spend a whole day just walking the vondelpark and getting stoned in various locations

some coffeeshops I would recommend are:

1)Dampkring (great all around..go to the original)
    2)Greenhouse (go to the red-light location...might run into a celeb)
    3)Barny's (Amazing weed kinda crappy attitudes though)
    4)Basjoe's (great owners and really good hash..try the terminator)
    5)NooN (my favorite...a locals shop that a lot of people don't like.....with that said this coffeshop has a vibe like no other)

some other good ones are ....Amnesia, Grey Area, Baba, Easy Times(go on a weekend night, it is bumpin with live dj's)

stay away from the bulldog/grasshopper/paradise...

you really only need to know 3 things before going to amsterdam

1) don't take pics of the hookers
    2) watch where you are walking
    3) LET GO!!!!!!......seriously man this is the most important thing, take chances you wouldn't normally take....

I would also recommend renting a ROOR when you get there..for only 7 euros a day you can get stoned in style:D

If you need any more info feel free to shoot me a PM...also for the lastest up to date info on amsterdam strains and coffeeshops I suggest you go to google and type in "Amsterdam Coffeeshop Directory"