Planning a summer grow, need advice.

Discussion in 'Security' started by whereami, May 24, 2011.

1. Sup GC, I'm planning a small summer grow of just two plants. I'm going to be purchasing a PC Grow case off here.

I believe that comes with all the necessary items to successfully grow two small plants which is what I'm looking for, including fans with carbon filters, a small hydro system, etc.

The main object of this grow is to be VERY discreet, I literally cannot afford any smell whatsoever, so I believe I'll be making an ONA bucket and the PC Grow case shall be discreet enough, and I can hide it in a well ventilated corner somewhere.

I literally know nothing of growing though, I plan on buying seeds from here as I've heard it is very reliable.

Here are my questions though:

What is the difference between normal seeds and auto-flowering seeds, and which one should I choose for a first time grow? Also, what strains would you recommend, mainly some fast growing, small, decent yielding plants.

I can't really think of any other specific questions, but just in general I would appreciate ANY advice whatsoever regarding small, hydro grows like this. I'm a total noob, so yeah.

Cheers guys.

2. If you want simple, hydroponics is not for you.. Hydro is very complicated, and very easy to screw up majorly; but can pay off if you know what you're doing.

Go for an indica dominant hybrid. They're easier to grow, shorter, bushier, and decent yielding. (OG Kush, L.A. Confidential, etc.)

Attitude seeds is a great choice, they're really great to work with.

You might want to go with soil, and don't go auto flowering. It's almost as easy without it, and you'll learn a lot more. Check out the other growing forums on Grass City.

3. Alright, thanks very much. I was thinking of buying the Afghan Kush Ryder, White Russian or AK-48 seeds from attitude. They are all auto-flowering though so I'm not sure, I'll keep looking for some.

I'll also skip out on the hydroponics then, the main thing that has me concerned now is the pH, nutrients and watering.

Thanks for the advice though, do you have any regarding the things I mentioned above? If you did it would be much appreciated, thanks.

I'll keep lurking the forums and reading some more threads about it.

4. autoflowering plants automatically go to a flowering time (uncontrolled) so they switch from their vegetative state to their flowering state. Yes they are easier to grow but in the long run, its better to learn how to grow a regular plant.

5. Fair enough, thanks for the information ^^, I think I'll try it with a regular plant then. I'm doing this mainly for the actual project and satisfaction of a nice, end result.

Also, I hate the fact that I have to rely on someone who could stop selling me weed at any moment. It's not like alcohol where I can pop to the shop and get a bottle. I'll feel a lot more comfortable growing my own.

I can't wait to have that first bowl of some nicely cured, home grown weed ;)

6. you are getting some good advice from these guys i also recommend sticking with soil for your first grow...can i suggest Fox Farms Soil or Roots Organic soil...i have had great results with both and i am far from a veteran grower.

also if you learn to grow regular plants first you will be better off...i think autos are very difficult for a new grower to get a good yeild...odds are stacked up against you as soon as you pick an autoflowering strain..due to the small yeild.

out of the strains you said i would go with Serious seeds White Russian or Serious Seeds AK47...we can all agree those are solid genetics.

puffer