Planning A Future Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deleted member 424398, Jun 12, 2013.

1. #1 Deleted member 424398, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
    I have a space that's 20" by 15" and 5 feet high.

2 Indica plants at a time. Veg both, then flower both at the same time hopefully.
    Watered by hand. (I'm thinking, fill a gallon bottle with water and nutrients and refilling everytime it empties.)

-Which 2 specific lights should I use? (I'm getting a timer with this)

-Tips for a good soil mixture for this grow? Or another alternative to soil that would be good for this grow?

2. You can't veg and flower in the same space, at the same time.

3. Nope you can't

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. As far as lights go I guess it depends on your situation .. I use cfl .. I have a 125w hydrofarm 6500k for veg and I have a 125w 2700k for flowering .. Hardly any heat and they don't use a lot of electric.. You can use MH and hps if you want . you want MH for veg and hps for flower .. Or you go with some t5s to veg and go with hps to flower .. Its kinda whatever you think will work best .. As far as soil I use what is called prio mix.. You can get it at a nursery or garden center ..NOT home depot .. But its great my plants love it excellent drain ..

5. Sorry ment pro mix

6. #6 Deleted member 424398, Jun 13, 2013
    Not veg and flower at the same time.
    Both plants veg, then, when time comes, clean up the space and change the bulb and timer for flowering.
    Get me?

7. #7 Deleted member 424398, Jun 13, 2013
    Thinking of growing one Hash Plant and one Northern Lights.

(I might go with a hydro grow, with two tubs stacked on each other. With a pump)
    What potting medium would be good for this type of grow? And would this be better than the soil grow I was originally planning?

Just getting my plans together guys. thanks for all those offering your advice :smoke: