Planing my first outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ithofbubbles, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Heya guys, alright anywayss I think I'm taken some risks this year and want your experienced opinions, I have been collecting bag seed for about a month now, I got like 50 seeds, I plan on planting them all but since the strain that grows will be random I'm afraid I will end up with dense buds "causing mold" and I am also afraid of storms and animals " I can handle bugs" but what can I use to fend off animals? I know if I was only growing so many plants that I could just use some random objects laying around to protect them but I dont think I have about 30 random things that work... Also I have nothing to feed the plants but water and some generic ferts wich I will prolly only use like once or twice, also I have no soil, I will be using the stuff I find on the site, basicly my grow is 85% nature, lol pathetic imo but I think it'l work, aslong as those damn things i'm streessed about do'nt ALL accur

Anyone have success with growing like this? I REALLY DO NOT WANNA GROW A PLANT FOR MONTHS THEN FIND IT DEAD ONE DAY WHEN I'M SKIPIN MY WAY BACK TO SEE MY PRETTIES!

So defence against the things I mentioned is well apreciated, do not tell me to do research because I have done it for the past year for about an hour a day I am here, it's not that I don't know the answers individualy, i just don't know them with my other combinations.

2. Also has anyone ended up losing they're plants to a storm? this is one of the things i'm mostly stressed about, and I don't have a greenhouse.

3. Well you guys arent much help.

4. I am also very interested, accept I think It should be fine from storms as long as it dosn't flood before your seeds have sterdy roots to keep it in the ground. The only differance with mine will be that I will be able to go and check on mine everyonce and awhile to feed and water. Im not going to leave mine ther and check on them months later. Any and all help plz.

5. Ya I will be having emergency visits and the regular once a week water available to me since it will be in my back yard.:hello:

6. growing dope is easy if you grow using the basics, you sound like one of those minimal requirment types, i dont think you realize just how important these simple basic steps are.

unless it's the best native soil on the planet you will have problems with roots, rocks, root penetration, moisture loss, nutrient deficiency, weak root growth and root structure resulting in small worthless plants.

if you dont have the commitment i would only grow a smaller number and achually put the time and preperation into it as this method will ultimately be easier with larger quality yield

to combat slugs build completely closed-in barriers
    for deer use fishing twine 3ft perimetered around plants, also human/coyote piss and hair

if using native soil proper fertilizers are a must
    20-20-20 veg 10-30-15 flower

7. i use this redish soil i find in da pine wood forest down in the bahamas...alll i have to do is water it and the herb comes out great lol

8. It's not that I don't know how to take care of em, or don't want to it's that my budget ranges from 0 to 5$, so I'm doing everything cheap, but a fert is no prob, considering I use something that doese better than any fert ive seen;) tho I like to keep my secrets secrets for now:eek: also I will be using soil from an old corn field, I will be preparing it so ya.. and I plan on planting late march/early april and am going to grow so much because I smoke alotta weed, about atleased a gram a day imo I will probably end up with 15 plants in the end. thanks for the help guys, keep it comin.

9. redish brown soil sounds like quality, probably has major nutrients, i didn't say native soil is bad to grow in, just most will not be nutrient sufficient and added with no fertilizer, i will be surprised if he posts nice healthy plants during the season.

the early preperation is key to growing easily and efficiently in the long run

he's gunna be putting in more effort to counteract slow weak growth for vigorous

10. you sound a bit more commited in this post compared to the previous, alway's good to throw in the reality check just to see the reaction, immature people i will not help if they can't understand marijuana's particulars

11. you think a gram a day is alot?
    lol

12. No, the last time I smoked a gram in a day was, well I don't think it's happened in the last 10 years.. I said ATLEASED let me sum it up, yesterday I smoked a quarter, the day before I moked a quarter, today I smoked a half, imho thats alot. Thx for your help jonstar I can tell from reading ur posts around the city you really know your stuff, and ya I have been studieng here about since last summer and I KNOW the questions I ask I already know but you see I forget, alot, lol it seems ive read so much shit yet its so simple that when I go to actually do it I will simply be sprouting, planting, watering, ferting and harvesting..

also I was thinking I could use some 3 litter bottles to protect my plants in their early stages from the water cuz it rains alot in april but I dont have that many bottles, suggestions?

13. ithofbubbles, keep your secrets. Nothin everyone here dosnt allready kno.lol.

14. funny u said that considering I mentioned it once and everyone said I was crazy and it wouldnt work, my uncle has had plants from start to finish in 2 months and 3 days using it so im pretty excited to try it "his was indoor". well one person was mad about me mentioning this and asked me to edit my post cuz he did'nt want everyone finding out cuz then it wouldnt be a trick, lol since then ive only told one person.

15. Did you dress your seeds?

Doing so gives ur potential plants a much more healthy growth - right from the start. If u didn't dress seeds, do this the next time onwards!!!!!!

Takin a leak around your grow fends shit off like the deers. Also, around ur grow, plant thorny plants...or plants that animals are known to despise. There are LOTS of those, you probably should do a google as I don't live in the same geography as u do, and the plants I rec. won't be available where u at.

Dude, plant some thorny plants around your grow- again not too close plus make sure your mj plants don't end up competing for soil nutrients w/ the plants u're growing around them.

Your best bet would be to keep your outdoor grow into a 6 liter pot. This way, your plants won't grow crazy- maybe about 3-4 feet tall, which should give you more natural security. Also, if you dig up and plant about 3/4th of your pot inside the soil, you cut the total height down by 3/4th to 1 feet. This should give u more security.

Do you get cow dung easily from where u at?

For 100 liters of water, you'll need about 1/8th kilo of clarified butter, about 1/4 kilo of honey, 5-6 kilos of fresh cow dung (NOT dried). This mixture can be fed to the plants directly (instead of "nutes"), but for best results it's best 2 put the mix on the soil BEFORE mulching it and before the actual planting.

Also, if u have access to banyan trees, using the soil from banyan tree base is excellent. And if you can incorporate banyan tree soil FIRST- before the technique listed above, it's all the better.

But, if you're going "all nature" I highly rec. you mulch the soil w/ compost. You can easily make compost w/ kitchen scraps, newspaper, coffee beans etc. DO a google on how to make organic compost...

Either way, if ur terrain is rich in organic worm life, yes, the chances are you have good soil. How much life is there around the area u're planting at?

IF you want ferts, and are living in a 3rd world country, you don't get NPK ferts. During vegetative growth, you can use urea, and during flowering stage, u can use DAP ferts. The NPK ratio of Urea is 18:0:0 and for DAP is 18:46:0. A "Western" NPK fert will have the ratio of 10:10:10, 10:20:10 or something. So, watch out if u're using urea or DAP, really easy to burn plants. Dilute your DAP capsules in H20 and DO NOT feed the soil directly. About 3 palettes per liter of H20 should be "just right" and feed ur ferts only 1ce per 10 days. If u read the techniqes liste above, u dont' need ferts....

Also, adding crap like egg shells in the soil, waterin the plants w/ honey (diluted in water) also makes the soil + the plants healthier.

Dude, I'd love to hlp out more but I need to know- describe your geography to me. Is it tropical? Cold?? Either ways, if you're growing outdoors, composting your soil first is a very beneficial step, believe me on that!!!!