Planetside 2

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by qualitysense, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I got into the beta. Haven't played a whole lot, but it's pretty fun from what I have played.
    Got involved in some huge defensive battles... Damn they were fun. This is the first FPS war game that actually feels like you're in a war and not in an arena.
    Gonna play a little more, and if keeps my interest, I'll definitely be picking it up. Why not? F2P :D

2. Heres a tip for anyone trying to get into the beta... Follow planetside2's official twitter account and simply ask for a beta key. I know it seems dumb, and unlikely but if you look there are tons of requests that were fulfilled. I got one in about 2 minutes, not exaggerating. I would probably try to make it seem original though. Anyways, good luck to anyone who tries this method!

Cool game so far. I've only been playing for a day or 2, but it really does seem to have alot of potential.

3. #63 Berry, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
    So what do you guys think of the changes they made in the latest patch.

I like the change to the names of the resources and what they are spent on, it seems like it will open up the opportunity for meta-game strategy where you target specific regions to prevent the enemy from making any aircraft, since all the aircraft use the same resource now.

It seems like most of the other things that I don't like since the patch are just bugs and are going to be fixed like no xp from base captures ect.

I was reading on the official PS2 forums that they are seriously considering getting rid of the Auraxium resource soon and replacing it with cert points so everthing will be bought with cert points. I don't know if I like this or not, lol.

So any others playing for VS too? If so we should start an Outfit made up of Grasscity members, that way we could have some chill battles fueled by Cannabis.

Edit: I have two beta key available for anybody interested in checking out the game and joining VS, :) Just pm me if you're interested. Must have a mic and a decent computer that can run the game ok, I don't want to waste a key.

4. Wish it was on console.

5. What server are you playing on? I'd be down to help start a GC outfit.

6. I'm playing on Thebes. Name is Sero.

I'm glad they're starting to fix some of the xp gain bugs, I went from getting 2000-3000 auraxium a night to 100-300 this weekend. I don't know how they are supposed to expect us "beta testers" to test the mechanics of the game if nobody can really afford the upgrades at the current rate at which we get xp ect.

7. I got into the beta today, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. All I could manage to do was join a platoon, drive a 4 wheeler, and shoot at some enemies base. Then I got stuck in a rock.... Seems like it could pretty awesome, I just have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

8. Planetside can be overwhelming because you're, literally, just one soldier among an army. When you first witness the massive tank convoys, air squadrons, and the sheer number of foot soldiers moving out en masse, it's hard to not feel little insignificant. I'm a few weeks in to it and I still don't know how to best play my part for the team. Or even what the hell I'm doing.

9. [quote name='"chocobo"']I got into the beta today, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. All I could manage to do was join a platoon, drive a 4 wheeler, and shoot at some enemies base. Then I got stuck in a rock.... Seems like it could pretty awesome, I just have no idea what the hell I'm doing.[/quote]

There is so much to do that it can get overwelming. I rarely stay doing the same thing for very long.

The best thing to do is to get in an outfit so you will always have some people to play with and you will learn the ropes from the ones that have been playing longer.

10. i personally love going solo. i play as light infantry, and its tons of fun.

i usually sneak behind enemy lines, mostly Terran Republic because fuck those guys, and get a few kills. i love putting down some c4, stealing a base, and wait for people to come in so i can blow them up lol.

another fun thing is grabbing a reaver, and just flying by battles attacking whatever. i usually end up breaking those but since im light infantry, i can survive the fall lol.

11. You guys, its all about the jetpacks - best part of this game.

If you master your jetpack then you're a laser-gun wielding flying badass.

Only if you're Vanu though. Pew pew pew

12. You Vanu technosexuals disgust me :mad:

jk :D

(New Conglomerate pisses on Vanu for real though)

13. haha NC kicks ass. i love my jetpack.

i usually avoid the Vanu though.. i just like to fuck up the Terran Republic, cause fuck those guys.

14. When is this coming out?

Is it possible to get into the beta?

Thanks in advance.

15. i thnk the release day is nov 20th.

just go to twitter, and ask them for a key. say it in an original way and youll have a good chance at getting a key.

16. Planet Side 2 is an incredible game! <3

17. Added a new continent today. They also upped the prices on a lot of things. Thankfully this betas ending soon.

18. I know bumping old ass thread.

This is the most amazing game I have every played in my life. Battlefield 1 is being ruined by EA. This gem however i cannot explain how much fucking fun it is. Truly massive multiplayer online large fucking scale battles. I mean it is insane how this game is not advertised but luckily it is not because it would only ruin this ruby.

The 2017 patch was absolutely amazing balancing the whole game and increasing fun. Completely free to download however you can purchase battle credits BUT it really is a free to play not pay to win. Anyways get the game. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. fun as shit game! population is a little diminished now but you can still constantly find massive battles with well over 100 people on each side. not for crap computers tho.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DRURJOrV4AAbdfn.jpg 0c8.png bFgsoEF.jpg its-patch-time-no-wrel-no-pts-changes-͡°-10629802.png Planetside_484aea_5833332.jpg the_face_of_freedom___aka_nc_stronk___by_peopleofunitedstates-d6s20ht.png images.jpeg 6191270+_7b3ec96c76d157ceac9bdfbd1e992f33.jpg
    Just some funny pics. Love NC