Planetside 2

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by qualitysense, Mar 17, 2012.

1. They've stated the game can run on practically any computer made in the past 5 years. It will not look as glossy if you have an older computer, but the experience will be the same.

Can't beat the pay model now either, completely free to play.:smoke:

2. yeah the fact that it's free is a HUGE plus as far as i'm concerned. and i like how in that video they explicitly state that paid items will never upgrade or give you an advantage. Which is a major reason most microtransaction games suck. I'm not sure how they plan to make much money off of that model but i won't complain.

Yeah i figured i'd try and run it in all the lowest settings but we'll see what kind of framerate i can get. I'm not very optimistic. If i could play this game though i'll probably end up addicted. I always loved being a pilot in the first game, performing bombing runs and gal drops and stuff was just so much fun for me. And it looks like these kind of supporting roles have been expanded upon now.

3. I wish they would give us a damn ETA already

4. My guess is about 3-4 weeks away based upon their pattern of releasing game content. They've done all the weapons and vehicles, and are done the player classes now, with MAX units after that I'm assuming. I don't know what else they would have left to show after that which may be the time the release beta.

5. PlanetSide 2 PC Game - Article - Nanite Systems Common Pool Vehicles - Liberator
    PlanetSide 2 PC Game - Article - Nanite Systems Common Pool Vehicles - Galaxy

Liberator now has a slightly different role. The Gal drops are still around though :hello:

6. New video with the creative director discussing the mechanics and game content. You should check this out if you've got 5 mins.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKNNYZBkHK8]GDC 2012: Exclusive Hands On with PlanetSide 2 Part 1 Of 2 - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIvU3m117yY]GDC 2012: Exclusive Hands On with PlanetSide 2 Part 2 Of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

7. [​IMG]

^these guys know what's up

8. [quote name='"fenix420"']

^these guys know what's up[/quote]

needs more bullets

9. Ima be playing this along with Tera, can't fking waait

10. signed up for beta? any1 get an inv yet? it like tribes on pcp

11. Beta is still a little ways out.

12. [quote name='"Sunn"']yeah the fact that it's free is a HUGE plus as far as i'm concerned. and i like how in that video they explicitly state that paid items will never upgrade or give you an advantage. Which is a major reason most microtransaction games suck. I'm not sure how they plan to make much money off of that model but i won't complain.

[/quote]

I wouldn't worry. I recently met a guy that claims to have spent $18,000+ on Grand Chase over the course of his time playing that game. If there are people that would even spend a 10th of that on PS2 than they are going to do just fine.

Have you ever seen Grand Chase? I had never heard of it until recently. It looks so lame. If someone could willingly spend money on that game, I know people will be spending it on this.

13. I liked leaving during a war.. and then coming back a few days later to one side losing/winning - was SO much fun.

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6HgC6Exs0U]Planetside 2 - Night Ops - YouTube[/ame]

E3 in a couple weeks, should be more news to come.

15. Some more ingame stuff, talks about vehicle customization. Looks like there may be some pretty ridiculous looking vehicles. :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsd5uouw9I]Planetside 2 - Get in my Liberator - YouTube[/ame]

16. Dude can't fly for shit but the customization is crazy

17. This game looks fun. I just want to know how a 500 person game will handle

18. and the best part is that it's pc only; there's no consoles to muddy up the development process