Planetside 2 anyone?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Subliminal Jazz, Nov 20, 2012.

1. #1 Subliminal Jazz, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2012
    Its a free to download MMOFPS and it looks fucking insane! i highly recommend you guys download it on steam (it comes out in one hour) and play with me :) my steam name is greenbuddhas

ill be posting my account info once i get in game. sooo stoked for this! been waiting to play this game for a loooong time

edit: just played this game for a solid 3 hours, very addicting! the fact that the rounds never end is amazing. reminds me so much of a better version of 2142, which is also amazing. despite the bugs i'm giving it 10/10, this is a great multiplayer game.

Update: ***GRASSCITY SERVER IS NOW OFFICIALLY SERVER: WATERSON, FACTION: VANU SOVEREIGNTY***

Attached Files:

2. Ah I might have to wait an hour then as I've tried downloading it and its giving me an error (No subscription) is that some kind of bug that thinks I have to be in the beta or something?

3. #3 tokinbud420, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012
    ahh I think I applied for the beta for this a week or so ago I wonder if I got in. I'll download it man, ill add you when it's done.:smoking:

I can't get on their website but here's a download link from the steam store

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218230/

http://www.planetside2.com/

their website must be getting a lot of hits right now because I can't get through. Does it work for your guys? I'm getting the same error trying to download as chipmunk. Guess i'll wait an hour.

4. do you think intel hd 4000 can play this? on steam it suggested a nvidia GeForce 8600

5. yup site is down for me too

6. Just tried it then, working for me now, downloading it.

7. Yep site is up and working. Downloading now.

8. ya it should be working off the website. i couldn't get it to work thru steam either.

games 6 gigs so its going to be awhile before i get on.

in the meantime - assassins creed 3 :D

9. Their installer won't let me install because it says I don't have enough space but I have 100gigs free on my c drive and when I try to install through steam it won't work. :( oh well, looked fun too.

10. This is free? Are you freaking serious? I remember paying $50 for the original Planetside and $10 per month after that. THIS IS AWESOME!!! I'm so glad I just built a new computer.

11. Just played it for about an hour, holy shit it's fun. Massive and I mean massive levels filled with hundreds of players, I spent about half an hour repeatedly assaulting one of the enemies gigantic compounds, we eventually got it but a lot of good men died that day. :(

I was inside the enemies compound and I was on top of one of the platforms that has the gun turrets on it. I went to jump down except I jumped into the upward force thingy rather than the down-would one and there was an enemy coming up. Me and him frantically tried to shoot each other and he won, very fun moment.

This is worth the download, I realize its free but still its amazing.

12. Guys friend request me on steam and we'll get a grasscity faction together!

my steam account names greenbuddhas, and my steam profile name is pukeoncops

13. #13 Berry, Nov 21, 2012
    I've been playing the beta for over a month. This game is going to be great, you aren't going to regret downloading it. Its free to play so why not just try and see how you like it.

We should definetaly get an outfit together. We need to pick a server for everyone to join first though.

We should stick to the US servers, so which will it be?

Jaeger (East)
    Waterson (East)
    Mattherson (East) - Fullest
    Genudine (West)
    Connery (West)

Oh.. and if we want to form an outfit we need to all join the same faction. I like to fly the scythe so I've been playing Vanu Sovereignty since starting beta.

14. Okay! GRASSCITY SERVER IS NOW OFFICIALLY WATERSON, FACTION: VANU SOVEREIGNTY

My guys name on that particular server is FapFaps, go ahead and add me in-game and ill make the outfit once we get a couple people playin.

here's my other characters on different servers too:

Name: Ruca
    server: Connery
    faction: New conglomerate

name: pukeoncops
    server: matteson
    faction: Terran republic

SHARE YOURS!

15. What exactly is this shit, though?

16. its an mmofps, bacially - thousands of people per server, hundreds per team, huge battlefields, classes, vehicles. it would take me forever to cover all the features.

this video has a lot of good footage

Planetside 2 - Squad Ground War Operation [RAW]-[1080p] - YouTube

17. #17 misael, Nov 21, 2012
    downloading now, about an hour. file size is 7500 mb

edit: my name is wakoeoner if you want to add me

18. anyone else playing?

19. This game is so fun baked. All the colors and explosions. The concept really shows the future of the gaming industry. Anyone remember that spinoff on the PS3 MAG (Massive Action Game), where they promised HUGE battles, but the segregated the map to cap 64 players. With this game there will be HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of players killing each other. With premium all you get is basically infinite vehicles and XP boosts. Buying weapons and gear with their station cash is kinda bullshit, but they have to make their income. This game is great go download it!

TR master race.

20. My character is Ouster, add me and then we should start getting an outfit together on Waterson server, VS.