Planet X/The Destroyer - The Cause of Doomsday?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Inexpsyphy, May 20, 2011.

1. I apologize in advance if this video has already been posted

Hey GC. After doing some stoned late-night viewings of various documentaries and/or interesting videos...I came across this one on Youtube which really put me, at first, into a state of shock and I am still starting to gather thoughts about this - perhaps it could lead to an interesting discussion. :smoke:

Take a look:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q281GfaOcTc&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪COMET ELENIN,PLANET X,POLE SHIFT,THE DESTROYER DOCUMENTARY PT1‬‏[/ame]

This video just has me in awe. The little hope that is within me tells me that what I saw was a glitch, a coincidence, an error of some sort; but my sense alerts me of how real this could be and how many different forms of struggle we may face such as major drought, flooding, or just being eviscerated. I sure hope The Destroyer isn't in the orbit we believe it to be...

2. gullible much....
    They did not provide any evidence backed by sources.... just a guy talking some bullshit. I wanted to stop watching when the guy repeatedly said wake up while showing a list of earthquakes that for all we know could be a normal pattern going back thousands of years. Then he went on to say that this "planet X" is a brown dwarf apparently inside the solar system and orbiting our sun based on the diagrams he showed... If there was another sun that close to us in the solar system we would be able to see it. After he showed that I turned it off. think about things dont just believe something because you hear it.

3. of course I think it's complete nonsense but I am curious anyone have a telescope to take a look? or know of one we can put in to get some pic's?

5h 53m 27s, -6 10' 58

of course by now it would be viable with the naked eye but it's still fun ;p My bet is that image was overexposed because of that star (maybe supernova?) or some other malfunction that happens a lot to these things (like the sun).

i found: http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/16-03/st_telescopes

if anyone knows which one is the right one to ask for pic's to be done.

4. Call me gullible, but it's the last part of the video that got me to post it anyway, haha. How do you explain those images?

5. #5 Inexpsyphy, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011

You understand that brown dwarfs turn into suns right? They aren't the size of the sun until after so many years...though I still don't fully believe this video as like you said, we probably would be able to see it, though it wouldn't be the size of the sun...like you said it would be...derp. Could very well be a reality though, who's to say the orbital route wasn't miscalculated? They have telegraphic evidence of the dwarf, perhaps it's just not close enough for the naked eye to see?

6. They said in the documentary it's covered in a dust could left over from its birth, and could only be seen with Infrared cameras.

Haha I'm not backing this documentary, just pointing out why they said you can't see it with the naked eye.

;)

7. #7 IMAEREHW, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    This is the picture of the missing pane in google sky.
    [​IMG]

This is the link to the tool that allows you to search for certain points in the sky:

The STScI Digitized Sky Survey

edit: this is the exact same site google earth uses to construct google sky. I don't know why they would leave this pane out, since they already said that it would be pretty much invisible to the naked eye because it's a brown dwarf. but yeah, same source, same info.

8. #8 vapeEVERYday, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2011
    They arnt the mass of A sun until after so many years.

I never said that...derp.

source?

9. a brown dwarf IS a star (like our sun is), it doesn't become one later.

They are smaller than our sun because they didn't grab enough material to become large, also exactly why it doesn't burn as bright (in visible light). Again, no later part involved.

It doesn't exist because it would be close enough by now that you could see it with a normal telescope and alas there's nothing there.

10. Planet X is a hoax.

11. Don't you just love pothead science