Place your bets!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Oddyball, Nov 24, 2008.

1. I'm stoned right now. And I was thinking about how fast hair grows per year. But I think before I google it, I want to throw this out there and see who knows or who can pull the cloest numbers to the real measurments. Don't use google please. Let's make this fun and use the trust system.

I'm gona say....

2 1/2 inches per year?

2. fuck i wanna cheat so bad on this. I used to know it in mm because its actually a lot less then what i thought it was.

Im gonna guess 2.25 inches.

3. It's really different for each person? Like, REALLY different you can't possibly place a bet cause who are you betting for/with

4. Yeah you can't make a bet on a statistic that varies so greatly between people.

5. yeah but there is still an average. that means they add up a bunches of different hair styles colors thicknesses and shit and divide then they get an average growth. so yes you could

You could do it with cars too and make a general statement saying on average cars get this many miles per one gallon of gas.

6. dude my hair grows so fast, i could grow 2 inches in 3 months, fuck a year :D i used to have hair down to my shoulders and it only took me like maybe a little more than 12 months to get

7. 5 or 6 inches annually

8. im sayin 14 inches a year

9. im guessing 8 inchs?

-BW

10. thats way too much, i say on average 6 inches per year

11. i'd guess about 6" a year as well.

12. "I can hear my hair growing" :smoking:

[​IMG]

13. And the answer is.....

Healthy person, average is 7 inches per year.

" \t\t\t\t \t\t\t Hair Growth Cycle

\t\t\t \t
    It is not a very well known fact that on a day every person sheds at least 50-100 hair from his/her head. You need not worry too much about it, because our bodies are accustomed to such a process. Also, the health of our body depends on such shedding.Surprised? Read on to know more about how hair is born and how it is shed. We can call the entire process - the hair cycle.
    One interesting fact about hair is that on an average a healthy person's hair can grow only 7 inches per year. That is, per day the average hair growth is 0.35 - 0.45``. Does this mean that we have more reasons to worry about hair growth as we shed at least 50 - 100 hair per day? The answer for this question is given below."

http://hairloss.ygoy.com/faq/normal-cycle.php