Pizza Tracker?!

Discussion in 'General' started by tea.mochi, Jun 25, 2008.

1. I just don't get it.
    How does Dominos track your pizza?
    I mean, do their employees, like, have gps on them or something/

I love their pizza tho.

But this is confusing!

2. either they have GPS

or its like tracking mail, it just tells u whether or not ur pizza has left the shop yet

3. I was just gonna say...maybe GPS? Still sounds really random though...

AND FUCKING WELCOME BACK NEG!

4. Fuck fast food styled pizza. Support a family owned pizza joint with good eats rather than some shitty pizza that tastes like cardboard with god knows what in it.

5. Well yeah but how do they know whos making your pizza and when it goes into the oven and when it leaves the store??

6. They just tell you if it has left yet....

7. Find me something cheap, delivered and good and I'll try and order, but until then I'll get my two for tuesdays.

8. HOTBOX PIZZA. fucking fire.

9. No they don't JUST tell you when its left the building, it tells you more than that.

Unless they make it all up?

10. What does it say?

"7 minutes and 42 seconds until your delicious dominoes pizza will be at your door!"

11. It's simple, really. They don't necessarily track your pizza with a homing beacon, it's far more simple than that.

They give you the option of ordering the pizza online, and give you a minute-by-minute timeline of when they received the order, when it goes into preparation, when it goes into the oven, when it's boxed, and when it is delivered.

I've done it a few times before, but I very rarely order Domino's.

12. Nope. The last transmission is something along the lines of:

"Your Domino's Pizza left the Barnes Rd. location at 9:42 P.M. with Rick, our delivery expert."

13. But how do they know when it went to the oven? Like, how does it work?

14. OH and they have different sauces now! OMG YUM!
    They got the creamy garlic and parmesan sauce, Yummy!

15. delivery expert?

-_-

16. Ask the guy when he delivers the pizza? Somethin tells me he has the best chance of given you a clear answer

17. I was gonna, but he looked kinda angry.

18. lol you could try calling and asking. They may hang up but then again a customer should have a right to ask questions so who knows

It looks like its some system they designed and/or built themselves. Papa johns uses GPS and is apparently more accurate (up to 10 seconds) and the 4th paragraph says Dominos does not use GPS to track.

Papa johns and pizza hut have done this first and its better...not sure why dominos wouldnt just get GPS

http://www.informationweek.com/news/internet/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=206102079

This one says each employee basicallu marks off as they complete each task...i guess? Its definetely not some cool system like GPS or anything fancy cause dominos isnt bragging about how it works like other companies.

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news/business.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-02-02-0043.html

19. I hate the nomenclature too. By that logic, I'm a professional relaxation consultant...

But, tea.mochi, there's probably a computer located at every Domino's, or whichever pizza place that you happen to be ordering from, that lets them punch in (sort of like a time clock) when they slid the pizza into the oven, delivered it, etc.

That's what I figure, anyway.

:eek:

20. Its just a simple timer system. It gives you the average time it takes to get your order, average time it takes to make pack and shift to your house, and just puts whos delivering it.
    They dont actually tell you its on a timer system but it is, because making pizza usually always takes the same amount of time. watch order dominoes one night, then again the next night, you will see the steps move by at exactly the same time as they did the night before.