pizza delivery

Discussion in 'General' started by Boson-H, Feb 18, 2013.

1. it's actually a fuckin awesome job. all i do is listen to music, smoke cigs and bowls, and fuckin cruise the roads makin cash money :p worked the past 6 nights in a row and have $337 cash in my pocket with a $225 paycheck :D it really is the perfect stoner job. anyone else here deliver?

its awesome cause sometimes you meet a hot ass fuckin chick man, fun to flirt until their refrigerator shaped boyfriend shows up at the door..

2. I was a driver for Dominos. Made some pretty good bank, but its not really worth it. Hours are terrible, and working for tips is stressful. It also sucks since almost everyone who works in pizza smokes pot, so be prepared for people not showing up to work.

Less people delivering food - late deliveries - angry customers - less tips - less money being made by drivers - shit

3. Sounds like your store wasn't very organized...today at PJ's the screen was full my entire 4 hour shift and I was either on the road or on the oven...delivery time was 45 mins instead of 35 as we were short 2 drivers and have no GM atm...but we still kicked everything out with only 2 remakes.

i'm curious, how was domino's set up? you have the makeline, and is there a screen just like PJ's that says like "14 Pe+Be+Cb+Gp+On PD05"? do y'all slap the dough on the spot? do you cut your green peppers/onions/mushrooms/tomatoes or get them precut in a bag?

4. I did when I was 17 but it added a fuck load of miles onto my car. I really did like it though most chill job ever, getting paid to leave work

5. I'm actually really considering it right now. All the pizza places I've ever been to have the most outgoing Europeans, and I just love that environment. Plus I love blunt cruising and music's literally my life. Sounds like my kind of job

6. dude what the fuck

my job is hard as shit, i work maybe 34 hours every two weeks and i get a 250 dollar paycheck, not allowed to take tips

i envy you

7. Why is it that the delivery people here are always middle aged men which I doubt smoke pot? Lol I've seen some younger folks, but idk if they smoke either. None of them give off a stoner vibe at all. SUCKS.

8. I almost got a job delivering pizzas, maybe i will soon...

9. I deliver pizza for PH. Been doing it for over a year now. It's pretty decent pay(when people tip.) but most of it now goes to my car since I've put a pretty decent amount of mileage into her :(

Some advice I have for you:

- Take good care of your car. Without her you can't make any money.

- Keep all paraphernalia out of sight while working and if you do smoke in your car, invest in some ozium or any other heavy duty air sanitizer. I get pulled over ever so often but never gotten a ticket because the cops know I'm doing my job but it won't help if your car reeks of the ganj. I also only try to speed only on the main roads and not the residential areas (People will start recognizing you as the douche pizza delivery guy who nearly ran there little son over)

- Be aware of your surroundings at all time. I've been in so many sketchy situations as a delivery driver but only been robbed once at gunpoint because I wasn't paying attention. Some of the drivers at my store DO have their weapons permit and conceal carry although it's against most Store's policy to have any weapons while working. But my life > their rules. Check behind corners and never go into back alleys. If you feel sketched out just call the customer to come outside and get their pizza.

- Get a decent GPS. Although I don't use it much now because I know the area quite well there are some days where I just get completely lost. Also get a nice pocket sized flashlight.

-Try and work on every major sporting events. I made MAD bank during the Superbowl and last years NBA championships. (I live in Miami so literally every house I delivered to tipped me $10+ when the Heat won)

Can't remember anything else but I'm quite baked but if you need anything else just ask. Much love and be safe.

10. ^^^ dude, ONLY robbed once at gunpoint? Wtf! ?

11. used to deliver back in the day, shite money but was cool for the free pizzas, the banter between employees and random convo's with people at their doors. got challenged to daytona for tips once.

12. my fave place i papa john's they have the best pizza

13. Lol yeah I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.. I was delivering to a known dealer (He's a chill dude and always tips) and someone pulled alongside me when I got to the house. I figured he was just someone comin to buy some pot but as soon as I got out my car, two dudes rushed out with guns and robbed me and the dealer I was delivering to. The dealer knew them both and where they lived and let's say the consequences were quite... Extreme(no one died but they were in the Hospital for the next couple days).

14. So this Egyptian guy was delivering pizza and when my friend opened the door, he heard us speaking in Arabic. Fifteen minutes later, we were in the car with him smoking and delivering pizza. Kinda like superbad but delivering pizza.

15. i used to deliver pizza and the money was great but the toll it took on my car wasn't so great. people with dirt driveways and shit.

16. I do delivery for a Chinese place. The tips are fantastic, plus I get a $4.62/hour salary. Normally at the end of my shifts ill calculate how much money I made per hour based on salary and tips and on most nights it's over $20/hour.

Delivery is seriously the best job I can think of for a high school or college student. You make tons of money and basically get paid to drive around and blast music while exploring your town!

Btw, I scored a $26 tip yesterday, best I've ever gotten.

17. fuck ya delivery is the beez kneez. no one care about anything at the hut and i work with some goons sometimes that suck... so i take all the deliverys n make bank while they get all scrubby and do dishes, and you stay constantly lifted which is tight

18. The most stoner job in the world is probably pizza delivery