Pixies Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by FoxMulder, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Anyone else find the pixies enjoyable to listen to? Anyone seen them live? Whats your favorite record?

On a personal note, i love the pixies and the whole grunge era as much as i love 60's psychedelic music and that is saying a lot. Some of the songs by the pixies give me a faint whiff of a type of wah-wah pedal in their music.

2. I love The Pixies. Surfer Rosa is my favorite of their records because Steve Albini distinct production fingerprints fit the songs perfectly.

3. I had a pretty big Pixies-phase back when I first heard them, like 5 years ago or something, but I dont listen to them much anymore. I still like their music and everything--Doolittle is my favourite album--but I usually go months without listening to them. Its good to see a thread not about dubset or hiphop, though.

4. Im heavily into grunge right now and more so into the pixies. They were a great band that made a new sound altogether and influenced Nirvana, mainstream i know but there songs rock so hard. My friends hate me because when i go over i bring surfer rosa and doolittle with me to play....

5. Classic...who doesn't love this song?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrdpliMfoAM]Pixies - Where Is My Mind - YouTube[/ame]

6. I love the pixies, its on my phone and ipod and vinyl and i usually have them with me at all times anyway just in case....