Pix of Buds (3 Headed Flower?)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Brumac, May 27, 2010.

1. I'm completely amazed at how this plant has turned out. From bag seed to this - wow. In this collection of pix is one bud site that appears to have 3 heads to it, completely normal/natural? Any thoughts?

She has been in 12/12 light cycle for 41 days. Any suggestions as where to look for a 30x magnifier or something to check the trichs with?

Anyway, if anything, enjoy the pix as I have, I love taking shots of her and enjoying the work.

Attached Files:

• 131.jpg
      131.jpg
      File size:
      180.2 KB
      Views:
    • 132.jpg
      132.jpg
      File size:
      248 KB
      Views:
    • 133.jpg
      133.jpg
      File size:
      240.6 KB
      Views:
    • 134.jpg
      134.jpg
      File size:
      130.8 KB
      Views:
    • 135.jpg
      135.jpg
      File size:
      292.7 KB
      Views:
    • 136.jpg
      136.jpg
      File size:
      177.8 KB
      Views:
    • 137.jpg
      137.jpg
      File size:
      223 KB
      Views:
    • 138.jpg
      138.jpg
      File size:
      125.1 KB
      Views:
    • 139.jpg
      139.jpg
      File size:
      130.5 KB
      Views:
    • 140.jpg
      140.jpg
      File size:
      322.2 KB
      Views:
  2. the three eyed monster! did you fim or top first week or so of flowering?
    if so it will do this..if not it's a triploid...if it's a fem seed then it came from then certain chem's used to create the fem's sometimes create this as well..
    not all breeders use chem's to enduce the female rod but some do...

pretty sweet brumac,
    nice growin man...
    radioshack has them 30x-60x or ebay..

3. I did try to top it but I may have done it too late in its veg life. This was bag seed so I don't have any idea as to the strain or provenance of it. I am just glad its turning out to be so beautiful, nice orange hairs are beginning to burst out everywhere. I plan on getting a set of magnifiers to check the trichs soon.

4. ya that's all it was, a fim or top , close to flowering time will do that..
    i've done it to in the past...i just top about 2-3week's before the switch and it does not happen but i still increase budding sites.

cheer's...lookin tatsy!

5. very nice buds. I got the bagseed too im 3 weeks into flower with a 3 headed beast. I accidentally got the three tops when i topped, there's one pic of it in my journal. again, nice budsss.

6. I was not able to find a pocket microscope at Radio Shack, nor was I able to obtain even a strong enough magnifying glass there. I did however find a small pocket microscope on eBay. After checking the trichomes (they were clear - not ready yet) I was still amazed at this entire process so I grabbed my camera and tried to produce somewhat visible pictures of the trichs.

She's been in 12/12 for 56 days. I'm guessing a few more weeks? Any ideas?

Attached Files:

• 143.jpg
      143.jpg
      File size:
      49.9 KB
      Views:
    • 144.jpg
      144.jpg
      File size:
      58.7 KB
      Views:
    • 145.jpg
      145.jpg
      File size:
      77.2 KB
      Views:
    • 146.jpg
      146.jpg
      File size:
      33.5 KB
      Views:
    • 147.jpg
      147.jpg
      File size:
      68.7 KB
      Views:
    • 148.jpg
      148.jpg
      File size:
      40.6 KB
      Views:
    • 149.jpg
      149.jpg
      File size:
      22.3 KB
      Views:
    • 150.jpg
      150.jpg
      File size:
      21.8 KB
      Views:

7. You can definitely harvest now if you'd like, you would get a slightly less head high if you wait a few weeks and let those trich's amber up

8. But the trichomes are clear? I thought I needed to wait until they become milky?

9. Sorry I can't help with the question but that is a very nice looking plant you have there

10. nice years ago sawa plant do that

11. wait it out and let them trichs turn cloudy.

you can harvest at 50/50 cloudy/clear but i would wait till atleast 90% cloudy. that way youll have some amber in there to.

looking good :wave:

12. to the OP ...it has been shown that plants that look like that, lead to erectile dysfunction. :cry:

the only proper way to dispose of said plant is to cut down and dry it, then put it in jars for say a month, opening everyonce in awhile to see if it smells good. Then, and ONLY THEN, SHIP IT ALL TO ME AT MY UNDISCLOSED INCINERATION COMPOUND, for proper disposal.

ok ok .. on the serious side I had a Super Skunk do that , after I tapped the bud tip to long against my light, while moving the plant around.

Wharf

13. :eek:

Don't harvest yet. Couple weeks left at least.

14. id say u got atleast 3 more weeks

15. Some pix of the pretties....

Attached Files:

• 153.jpg
      153.jpg
      File size:
      288.2 KB
      Views:
    • 155.jpg
      155.jpg
      File size:
      211.4 KB
      Views:
    • 157.jpg
      157.jpg
      File size:
      349.8 KB
      Views:
  16. She's been flowering for 74 days now and I still don't see cloudy/milky trich's, is this normal?

17. Maybe someone else can comment on this but I have read that you can decrease the amount of light to 8 or 10 hours and that will speed up flowering but lower yield.

I have never done it, so I cannot confirm if it works or not but if you are happy with your bud sizes you *could* give that a try. Hopefully someone can comment on this, though.

18. Just be patient.

Ask your self this.

Everyday things look better don't they? :D

Thought so.

I'd wait till they're all milky and some amber. or half amber half milky.

19. I'm glad you didn't listen to the guy that said to harvest after the microscope pics... your weed wouldn't even get you high. Generally most to all of the pistils have turned brown/orange when it's ready to harvest. The trichomes will also be mostly cloudy with some amber ones. A small proportion of amber is unavoidable if you want to harvest the most cloudy trichomes.

And that may be normal, depending on strain. Finishing times generally vary between 8 and 12 weeks. 8 is the most common and desirable, but many good strains have longer finishing times. Usually sativa strains.

20. The fan leaves are beginning to turn brown now and from what I have read this is indicative to becoming ripe for harvest. Although the trichomes have not yet turned cloudy/milky so I guess its a waiting game. The last pic is of a clone I took off of the mother.

Attached Files:

• 159.jpg
      159.jpg
      File size:
      247.5 KB
      Views:
    • 160.jpg
      160.jpg
      File size:
      132 KB
      Views:
    • 161.jpg