pity me, for i am lame...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Digit, Jan 19, 2007.

1. ok, this story only involves cannabis so far as there's a lack of it, and i'm involved, and i'm just not me without a j hanging outta my mouth. haha.

i gotta tell the story somewhere, and you lucky people, it's here it is told.

it was a friends a friends 25th birthday party recently.
    we went on a bus run round most of the pubs on the island, then back to the club. i wasn't drinking, and only had three energy drinks. that was enough considering i havnt had caffeine for months (except the traces in the odd piece of chocolate). so there i was on the dancefloor*, most appreciative of the old skool tunes being spun, and quite forgiving of the poor mixing thnx to being given such quality tunes for a change. then comes this beautiful woman struttin and dancin around me, looking very very similar to the hot aries-snake rockin robbin who'd caught my eye months back (and every other guys'). and this lady wasnt being shy about it... ooh my... not shy at all. so i continue to dance about a bit until tired and too hot... chat to the guys for a bit then back to the dancefloor sans some clothes. down to t-shirt and my funky old skool Hunter S Thompson esq hat ... jiggin away i go, there comes this fine example of the female of the species again... visually "my type", and had that cheeky confidence to boot... and uhh.... typical me, as i oft seem to be when someone i don't know starts acting overly overtly friendly.... i clam up and do nuthin.

bugger.

of i go to after party and not think about it again until way later... where i then think.... AAAAARGH!

anyone know a cure for crippling shyness when it comes to the opposite sex?

and if anyone suggests, or even thinks about suggesting alcohol as a cure, you can fuck right off outta this thread. :D T-total, i do prefer.

*Dance floor. Dancing. To me, i tend to subscribe to "Mof"'s dance floor philosophy (Mof from the film human traffic). "See me, i'm making love to the music, and believe me, i can go allll night." :D i don't see it as a piece of the humanoid coupling rituals.

2. its better to be know as the dude who was too shy to get yur freak on that the creapy guy whos to pushy....good luck with the hunt though

3. hmm.. crippling shyness? cocaine. ativan, xanax.

non drug cure... umm just chill out and try to have decent conversations. be yourself. you got alot to offer.

4. Sometimes just whippin out your jank on the dance floor will help you and her become less shy very rapidly.

by "jank" I mean penis.

5. heh, yeah, never been a hunter... in that sence. ok, did once while way to drunk and being dared. not a nice life to live.

conversation on the dancefloor doesnt go so well.... but it's really nice being able to look into someone's eyes for a while and not be expected to say anything. :D

as for whippin shit out..... k... uhh.... like, .... k, i'm not actually gonna respond properly to that.

(i'd give ya all rep for helpin oot here, but i just blew my day's rep on the pics thread)

6. Pull her aside and talk to her. They really like this (if theyre outgoing, which at a club, they usually are), and talk to her about her interests. its simple, act yourself, and as a caring friend.

7. I'm sorry, but I found that kind of funny...Just be yourself man, you get the hang out. It takes balls, but you'll get it brah.

8. Out of curiousity, how old are ya, dig? Early mid twenties...I'd say nothing to worry about, but you need to overcome this shyness, asap. You're in your prime, right now...time of your life, live it up, no regrets...that's what I try to do anyways, sometimes I revert back to crippling shyness, it can't be avoided all the time...and sometimes my "game" is pretty pathetic, but you just gotta do your thing, and hope for the best. There's nothing worse than being afraid to be yourself...I think anyways...

Anxiety is partially genetic, and mostly psychological...thus it can be overcome for the most part, especially with a little help from your friends...they're your wingman...I find that it's easier to hit on girls when my buddies are too...it's sort of like a male competition thing, it's fun, a little competition is good for you, for your confidence.

But one-on-one you just gotta relax, but not too much...be loose, just do everything that comes to mind that's going to help your cause...overthinking is definitely the biggest obstacle for me...so I just try to shut down the brain zone...just look into their eyes and get lost in them, and just act completely on instinct...Sometimes, you just have to follow your dick, your hormones and such, instead of your brain. Nothing wrong with that primal instinct sexual attraction stuff, just remember if you succeed then you're on the road to a sexual relationship of some kind, which everybody wants/needs.

Your odds are good, there are probably what like +- 1 billion single straight attractive women in the world who want the same thing as you do, sex, and maybe some conversation and such, but the bottom line is, sex. Just remember that...and every one you talk to you, well you are just improving your chances of finding the right one, experience is everything...

edit: it's all about body language... Eye contact is very important. Probably 90% of communication is nonverbal, keep that in mind.

9. It's important to be yourself but most women love confidence(At least from my experiences)...and not someone with obvious insecurites. Once you 'break the ice' talking just becomes easier. Eye contact is also a positive.

10. heh, i suppose it's not so much crippling shyness anymore (been there, it's way worse), and just some minor irksome over-cautiousness and some minor discomfort and uncertainty... why, that itself could be quite a wise thing... i mean, these are complete strangers! so it's ok really. also... by "chance" (haha, yeah right, i know better than that now), i spotted her in a picture of some friend-of-a-friend's bebo pictures... so, i could go trawling through a few of their friends see if i spot her... but not that bothered really.......... (yeah right)...... she's probably married or has a boyfriend.... i've been doing something that seems to attract that kinda thing, what it is, i have yet to learn. could be 'cause i'm "safe", and "nice". haha.

cheers peeps, keep it coming, it just might help save (or create) someone else's life.

11. aight, one other thing....
    an affirmation & visualisation....

i now carry an ice hammer in my mind to break the ice.

:D

12. Hey, Digit, do what I did when I was a chicken - don't act like they (females) are the opposite sex, think of them more like a "different type of guy". I tried to describe it the best that I can.

Better way: Look at it like this - "How god damn bad do you wanna tap that, because you'll never get another chance". That's what a buddy of mine says to everybody that is afraid to talk to girls.

13. here was the key for me: "who cares?" once i was able to get over my fear of rejection (took some searching, but that's what it came down to), and i didn't care what happened, things became much easier. i mean, what's the worst that could happen? she'll say, "nah, i'm good. keep walkin" and that's that. just start going up to random hot chicks and meet them. that's it. don't hit on them, just meet them. when i first moved to north carolina, i'd go out about once a week by myself, just to meet people. try this: "hi, i'm digit. i'm just out meeting people tonight, what's your name?" *answer* "right on, nice meeting you. have a good one" and then move on. i'm telling you, your confidence will grow by leaps and bounds. Sometimes the girl (i didn't approach anything less than an 8) would grab my arm as i was turning around to leave, and we'd have a nice conversation over drinks. i'd crack on her like she was my bratty little sister, and before long i'd have a new friend, and i was the one that got to decide whether or not it became anything else. this post feels disjointed, but i was there too, and am now fairly successful with women, so ask questions and i'll help you out any way i can.

the biggest thing you've gotta realize is that no matter how slammin a chick is, she's still a person, just like the uggos you can talk to in line at the grocery store with no problem.

14. Zipper down, wang out, give it some shakes and a little spin move.

It's really that simple.

15. i also have a similar problem, im pretty much a funny guy with all my guy friends cuz i dk i feel more at easy like i dont have to impress them, but when im around a chick i get nervous and dont know what to say when i go out on dates..

16. I think this is the best advice. Just talk. If they are interested they will talk back and if they don't, oh well, move on. :) I watched a British documentary on TV where they sat a male and a female on each side of a small table for their first meet. The table had a dial on each side where you dialed in your level of attraction to the other and could change it as you talked. Most people dialed it in as soon as they sat down and never changed it. Talking did not make any difference.

17. i'm with the penis idea

18. this threads title made me laugh, so +rep for you
    I am so stoned!!

:laughing:

19. do lsd hunter style
    or X it'll get u confident and if she rejects you itll make u like fuuck her
    and you will look for another girl