Pistils turning brown - too soon?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by growher, Apr 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. It has been around 4 and a half weeks since I went to 12/12 and today I noticed some of the pistils are starting to turn brown but this seems early to me? Or is it normal? This is my first time growing. I did a transition week before going to 12/12 where I took away two hours of light everyday but not counting that in the 4.5 weeks. Here are a couple close ups taken through my loupe:

IMG_1678.JPG
    IMG_1682.JPG

Growing under a 300w viparspectra and a couple 40w true watt CFLs on the sides. Here is a photo that shows the full plant:

IMG_1684.JPG

Thanks!

2. Id day its normal

3. I meant to include this in the original post but I also noticed a small amount of the trichromes are also already turning amber even though most still look clear to me. That normal too? Here are some zoomed in pics where you can see some of them:

IMG_1685.PNG
    IMG_1686.PNG

4. Don't look at the trichomes on the leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You will see pistils turn multiple times only to walk in and see an explosion of new white pistils shoot out and reset.

• Like Like x 3
  6. This...

I started showing a few brown hairs around 3 weeks of flip... lots of white hairs will continue to grow while hairs will slowly start to turn brown. The buds directly under the light will probably be showing more brown than others under the canopy which will probably be mostly if not all white still... in my opinion.

Special Queen #1

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/Attempt-#2--(Special-queen-#1).1432973/

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you all for your great responses and feedback!