Pistils shriveling up -what the heck is going on with my plant!?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Elk2012, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Hello! My plant has been flowering for maybe 2-3-4 weeks now and the hairs are just turning brown and shriveling up!! I pulled a male as soon as I saw its flowers, but I don't think it had time to spread any pollen. What to do??

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      315.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      299.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      322.2 KB
      Views:
  2. My guess is more light. And closer to the plant. Your CFls aren't enough.

3. My first harvest had whispy flowers. Because no enough light penetration. I upgraded my setup and I don't have that problem. I use cfl in my veg room and my plants never get farther than 3 inches. I hope that helps.

4. Ok, It's a 250w cfl btw. I'm gonna stick some smaller bulbs in there too. But for the time being, I have a bigger problem... It's gone back to veg... At least that's what I think. It's started stretching alot lately, and I can't figure out why. I must've fucked up the light-cycle somehow... SHould I just wait and see what happens or should I give it an extra 30minutes of dark on the cycle? or an hour? Or would that confuse it?

5. That's what happens in flower. They stretch alot

6. Okay, hopefully it's still in flower. It is growing pistils, so I'm guessing it is. It just went into some weird, new stage, perhaps. The buds were just about to bulk up when the very tip of the tops went all frisky green and "bean-stalked". Above the buds, that is. Hopefully this girl is done soon...

7. Those pistels were turning amber. That's normal but not as many as you had. What kind of strain is it? That's only thing I could tell you.

8. And is that a 5000k or 6500k light? Because you should get a couple 2700k those are what the plant needs in flowering.

9. Look at this crazy plant, please.

I have no idea what stage of flower she's in. By the looks of her (and the transpiration of time) I can only conclude she went flower-veg-flower... So when do I chop? Are the buds supposed to tighten, or does that happen after chop, in the drying stage? I have no idea... I'm a flea at sea. I need help. No, I need some sound advice. Better yet, some concrete instructions! HALP!!!

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      207 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      212.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      329.6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      252 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      322.2 KB
      Views:
  10. #10 tanzer92, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    Dang that's crazy looking. I have never seen anything like that before. What I'm thinking is its because the light it needs the red to make the flowers. And it looks like you a veg light on them. So it has showed there sex it just won't make flowers (bud) until that red spectrum is on them.

11. OK man, I'm going to add some red spectrum bulbs and hope it finishes. It's supposed to be a "dual spectrum" cfl... But I dunno if it actually covers the need for light. But atleast now I know something strange IS going on, and most likely it IS because of the light. Thanks for the help bro, I'll post when I've gotten some more lights in there.

12. [quote name='"Elk2012"']OK man, I'm going to add some red spectrum bulbs and hope it finishes. It's supposed to be a "dual spectrum" cfl... But I dunno if it actually covers the need for light. But atleast now I know something strange IS going on, and most likely it IS because of the light. Thanks for the help bro, I'll post when I've gotten some more lights in there.[/quote]

Alright man let me know how it works.

13. do you run a "distressed plants for healing and feeling good sanctuary?"