Pistil Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LilDize, May 30, 2011.

1. i noticed that the pistils can easily slip out of the calyxs and was wondering if this will hurt my plant. while using my scope i accidently pulled a couple out of the top of one of my colas.

2. not really gonna hurt it but its bits of trics youre losing.

3. Try to not damage the plant man. :)

4. well its not like i meant to do it. the scope im usin is the same a bunch of people here have 60x-100x from radioshack. it works pretty good but you have to get right on the bud. you can get a decent view w/o touching what you want to look at but its just one of the those things. hard to work with.

5. You should take a tiny snippet off the bud and examine that with the scope, on a white piece of paper under regular lighting. Don't try to look at the plant itself with a pocket scope.

How far into flowering are you? Is it even time yet to be checking the trichs?

6. well ive labeled the life span so far:
    veg 20 days
    12/12 10 days (day 10 i saw preflowers form)
    and its been 26 days bloom. (started the day i could see preflowers)

some people go by whenever they started 12/12 instead of going by when you can visibly see preflowers when determining how long theyve been in bloom. i go by the later. so either day 26 or 36. which would you say? and when should i be checking trichs?

7. you still have a few weeks before you need to check the trichomes

8. so should i be at 26 or 36 day bloom?

12/12 10 days
    bloom 26 days

i dunno. does everybody else go by pre flowers or the day they start 12/12???

if day 36 bloom then i only got 2-3 weeks left....

9. I say 26 days man.... it takes a while for the plant to get used to its new lighting and begin flowering so id count from first pistils not feom when you told the plant to start flowering

10. okay okay. thanks for the reply btw! so day 26 bloom about week4. so should i check around week 6?