Pistil oranging..

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by chris_uk, Mar 29, 2007.

1. my plants are 29 days into flowering, 39 into 12/12 and on a couple of the buds, the little grey-white hairs of the flowers are turning orange, and thinner, quite like the read beard you get on some weed sometimes when you've bought it and its dry.....

to me, at 4 weeks, it seems too early for it to be maturing at all, i have no idea what it is, its only affecting 2 or 3 of the main buds on each plant if that, out of about 12 or something on each, and its like one hair or 2 on each one, so its not major, but if i don't know what it is, i don't know if it'll spread or get worse....
    i've looked in the sick plants sticky and through a few pages on here, and i have found nothing really..

the strain is powerplant, in soil and they're under 400w HPS on warm days and when its colder 650w cos i can get away with it then... they're getting vita link bloom a + b and vita link buddy in the concentrations suggested on the packaging, i got a little bit of nute burn the other day, so i've flushed them through and im gonna start with them a bit weaker tomorrow, could it be the flowers getting 'burned' too?

2. the pistals could have been fert burt, or if its the buds with closest proximity to the lites the lites can burn and dry out the pistals prematurely.
    I actually @ the moment have 1 plant so tall the pistals are orange/red on 2 colas closest to my lites, I cant do anything about it Im out of room

3. im certain it must be the ferts, as my lights are a decent distance away, is it likely to affect the yield or quality, as at the moment its only a tiny tiny issue. ill give them one last decent portion of water and knock down the feed strength.

4. oh and if its early enough on for it to be of any use, you can chop the tips off and it makes them spread out, i don't know how late on it is safe to do this, or even if the early change in colour is a problem, but i thought id mention it anyway...

5. i've just noticed the problem has got a little more widespread today.after a major flushing last night and a return to weaker nutes this morning.

should i just flush it a shit load again and assume it is the nutes or does anyone else have any ideas?

i reckon i might flush them, and just give them water for quite a while, unless anyone can identify what else it could be,

i would post photos but i only have the camera on my mobile phone and i can't find the damn cable, it takes lame photos under growlights anyway.

edit:
    i trimmed my plants down loads a couple of days ago, they were damn bushy and now they are much neater allowing more light to the lower buds, i don't know if this may have led to it, but it thought it may help if i mentioned it

6. This is going on w/ one of my baby girls atm...it started w/ just the top cola, know all of them have some that have turned(ing) orange

7. stop feeding them, your burning your plants