pistil on a preflower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xplicitcontent, May 14, 2007.

1. Is it possible for a pistil to grow during vegetative growth? While before I thought those prongs coming out were pistils which turned out to be new branches, i've noticed two distinct white hairs coming from one of the nodes. I looked closely and their about a cm long, thin and white and don't look like the ones that become branches. it's been under 24/0 from the beginning and i'm just wondering if these are pistils and if it's a girl. sorry for no pics, maybe some later.

2. would have to see pics to tell 100% but it is possible for MJ to show pre flower during veg but i dont think its 100% going to be female. i think the only sure fire way to determine sex is by going 12/12

3. Not so.

Sex shows in veg at around 4-6 weeks of age, when preflowers form.

So yes OP, it is possible for a plant in veg to show pistils, and it sounds like you have yourself a lady.

Congrats.

4. yea, i was just looking around at it and noticed a small thin white hair and was thinkin, that looks like a pistil, then i looked on the other side and noticed another on the opposite node. they look different from anything else that's grown on the plant and lately, the plant has kicked into full gear with a new leaf set forming almost everyday. thanks guys, i read the sexing sticky post and figured that might be the case here since my plant doesn't have any balls. sweet, ill be looking forward to some fine sativa sensi in no time.

5. small update, i now see em on the node set below it as well, and if they aren't pistils, then i got spidermites that make webs shooting like a pistil. btw, i've killed two red spidermites yesterday, and i can't see any on any of the plants but im waiting to see if more come before i start using mitacides.

6. sweet thnx for clearing that up. i wasnt all that sure.