Pissed off.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Oddyball, Oct 13, 2008.

1. So my friend was having his driveway repaved this weekend. He wanted my help, along with some other friends. Friday, Sat and Sun. So I was there on friday and we layed down the first layer, worked a few good hours. The next day I couldn't go because I had a website to buiild (im a webdesigner). So I go over just now and they're finishing up and I can tell my friend is pissed.

My other buddy offers me a cig as Im standing there watching, and Jr (the pissed friend) is like "yeah you only came for a smoke. go ahead, take it." and Im like "dude, I have smokes at my house, whatever man." and he says "why werent u here yesterday?" and I told him why and he walked away.

It's his undertone thats pissing me the fuck off. I've got shit to do, and I cant ALWAYS be everywhere at once. And he's my good friend, but his attitude, his condecending attitude is pissing me off so much right now. Fuck.

2. i'd be pissed too, sounds like you're a good friend, and he shouldnt take that shit for granted, sounds like he is being VERY unreasonable. were you guys even getting paid for it?

3. No, it was just us helping for free. And his friend, our other friend who paves driveways, did it for him for FREE. A $5,000 job for free. So yeah I mean... he has egyptian tiles from egypt - for free. It came out nice, but I couldn't go and help. He was going to blaze us out and give us beer to help. I mean I was down, he's a good friend, and I didn't think I had shit to do - but then I got a job yesterday and I had to build a site to get paid. So for him to be all emo and such an asshole about it pisses me off. He knows times are hard, and I need money you know?

4. word man, you're doing it for free, and its not like you completely dipped out on it all together, just couldnt show up that ONE day, i know hes your homie but you should lay this shit down and show him how unreasonable he's being.

5. You should have told him you couldn't come when you found out you counldn't

6. He was probably just mad because he wasn't stoned. I have a friend where he basically bitches over some of the dumbest things, until he gets high then hes the chillest dude ever.

7. you werent obligated to do anything, for him to be mad that you didnt come to do his work for free is bullshit just tell him to shut up

8. yeah you had no obligation to him, he should chill out. you were doing him a favor and the job got done regardless. :devious:

9. maybe he is kinda like myself,

I know personally i dont trip over hardly anything, i just appreciate being informed.

Look at it this way, (im not saying its correct but consider this perspective)

He asked you to help,
    it took two days, you were there the first day. .

but did you let him know you'd be gone the next day?
    or was he just working all day, pissed off thinking you flaked?

because if he had thought you flaked, and then you just show up saying "oh i had work"
    he would most likely not believe it and think its an excuse .

just something to think about. . .

10. True Cali,

I guess I should have let him know, but still, he's the kind of guy who woulda been like "ehhh whatever."

11. Sounds like he's one of those people mistaking favors for dutys. I fucking hate that attitude.
    Dude'S gotta learn that the world doesn't revolve around him.

btw.: did he actually smoke you out?

12. When I read the original post I assumed you let him know you wouldn't be there day 2. But you told him youde be there and didn't show up, yea you got work but dude a 15 second phone call is all it takes. IMHO your friend did nothing wrong. Ide be pissed to if someone told me they would help and didn't show. It's not like it was an emergency where you couldn't call him. If it was that it would be understandable.

13. ^ I see what your saying but he still had a shit attitude after the original poster explained that he had to make a website, maybe he should have called but the attitude about how he just came for a smoke was really immature and uncalled for. Money is tough now days, dudes lucky he got his driveway paved for free, that shit isn't cheap. If my buddy showed up and helped the first day and I didn't have to pay him shit (he was just helping cuz hes a nice friend) I might be a little disapointed if he didn't come the next day WITHOUT A CALL but I wouldn't cock him off when he showed up as soon as he could and explained. I would just be like "It's cool man, thanks for helping yesterday anyway, wish you would have called though we were waiting for you." then I would probably smoke him up for being cool enough to help.

14. Yea man but the op also said his buddy was gonna smoke them out and give em beers for helping. So with that comment I think his friend thought he only showed up for bud and beer the second day, without putting in the work. And yea if you tell someone after it happens, it sounds like an excuse.

15. hmm thats true usually me and my buddies smoke each other up all the time for nothing anyway so i didnt really look at that.

16. OP here,

We talked last night and he was cool about it, he was just like "I thought you flaked out, but next time bitch, help us out."

So I understand where he was coming from, I just hate attitude. I've done too much in my life (army) to take attitude from people who think I'm not doing my best. But we got HIGH as shit last night, so.... it all worked out :)