Pissed Off. My Brother F***** My Plant Up..

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Rhinodank, Jun 12, 2013.

1. #1 Rhinodank, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013
    I was gone for 2 hours on my brother was at home and I come back to my plant and it has a huge haircut. he cut off at least 30 leaves or more and his theory behind this madness is that it give light to other areas... Are you fucking kidding me? I told him to never ever remove ANYTHING unless they are dying and/or stressing the plant, or if your trimming in the FLOWERING stage. literally removed 30 or more HEALTHY fan leaves off my plant... How badly am I fucked...? Here's a before and after... I'm so fucking pissed, the point of LSTing my plant was to make it BUSHIER and have more colas correct?? Well don't leaves partake and MAKING more growth?! Lol leaves are on the plant for a reason. I heard from many sources that they act like solar panels. So why the fuck did he remove them...?Maybe I am wrong. All I know is that if I was a plant, in wouldn't want my leaves being removed. Sure, it exposes new growth, but your still causing a bunch of stress. Someone help me out here. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Here's the after..

Attached Files:

3. You need to get your brother very drunk and introduce him to Mr. Sharpie and Mrs. Sizzors.

What a fucking moron.

4. I cut off allot of the fan leaves all the time. Gives light to the lower branches. I've never had any trouble with doing that. Don't kill your bro yet....

5. I don't trim it that much thoe. That might of been way to much.:(

6. Remember its always best to trim from the bottom up.. If light to the lower sections seems to be a problem, you can start bending the plant, a lot of growers do this because it makes the buds on the bottom of the plant bigger during yeild time and barely has an affect on the top," Bigger" buds...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I would take some string and L.S.T. your brothers neck

8. I'm so pissed... All my hard work is mostly cut off. Can anyone clear up when to PROPERLY trim it?? I have 5 more outdoors now and I wanna do it right when the time comes. Also, I'm LSTing a few of them.. Thinking about using this method. Anyone have a better one?? I wanna get a lot of colas, and make it bushy. So should I start them when I started the one in the previous pic? Or should I use the 'circle' method or some other method??

Attached Files:

9.  I'd be a little irritated, too! It's going to put a dent in your yield and slow down productive growth over the next few weeks while it makes up for the loss, that's for sure, but at least he didn't kill it.... what made him think he was allowed to touch it, anyhow?

Once the leaves are fully developed, they generate much more energy for the plant than they require to sustain themselves, and the plant devoted and wasted prior energies into producing them in the first place... it's very wasteful to remove leaves to that extent. For the most part, any defoliation beyond 8% - 10% of the shaded leaves from the lower half to third of the plant, taken every week or three as the plant grows depending on the rate of growth and the strain, is detrimental to the growth and production of the plant.. put it this way, there aren't many plants that will yield better, after removing that much of their energy supply! The plants will live, and their buds will certainly look good, so some newer growers will fall for these techniques (sometimes, for years!), without realizing just how well their plants could have performed otherwise.

As newer growers hone their skills, or even make simple improvements in environment (feed, ventilation, medium and others as they upgrade their rooms), they'll sometimes wrongly attribute improvements in their harvest, to the wrong techniques or improvements... they just started this crazy new over-pruning/defoliating technique, but along with a dozen much more easily-overlooked and often-underestimated improvements to the environment, and 'for some reason', their plants are doing better. :p As your brother just found out, over-defoliation is one of those 'techniques' that often gets a LOT more credit than it deserves! :eek:

10. the reason he did it was simply because I'm his younger brother and he's older. Its fucked up, he's moving out soon (thank god, my new babies will be spared) and even if he used the defoiling method, he didn't even do it in the right stage-. - removing anything is mostly in flowering right?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Wanna see some more billshit?? He came across my seedlings and wanted to see if they smelled.. (he's a fucking idiot! they aren't even 2 weeks yet!) and as he was feeling the leaves, his stupid fucking aggressive nature even fucked my seedling leaves up by rubbing to hard... I saw him rub the leaves at first and an hour later the part where he rubbed their leaves where looking stressed. Here's a pic of that

Attached Files:

12. I will almost bet you that if you do a little asking, your brother smoked the stuff he cut.

Looks like a nutrient deficit to me.

14. Looks like a nutrient deficit to me.
    </blockquote> lol trust me it's not. But any clue if this lil girl will survive? I think she just got thirsty due to the heat and wilted but will she perk back up? Also, how do I water my seedlings in my 2 gal pots? Should I just make sure the topsoil around the area of the plant is moist? Or should I sprinkle a little water once a day?? Currently I've let 5 seedlings share 1 bottle of water every two days or so.

Attached Files:

15. Thanks for the heads up on that. I've been doing it with good success for awhile now.

16. Lst all your tops at 90 degrees and you'll get more of the growth back that you lost..... hopefully.

17. yeah I was gonna do that when the tops get a lil bigger. Man this blows... Imagine how many tops I would've had if he didn't shred my plant!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app