Pirate Radio Anyone???

Discussion in 'Movies' started by LeftyDelight, May 4, 2011.

1. Just watched Pirate Radio for the 1st and 2nd time today. I really enjoyed it, have yet to research the factual basis behind it, but GREAT movie regardless. Sex, Drugs, and Rock'n'Roll...in not particular order. Great movie.

Check it out if you have not seen it.

Pirate Radio Trailer:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX1SSiFWF-s]YouTube - "Pirate Radio" - Official Trailer [HD][/ame]

Still does not compare to the Life Aquatic or the the Big Lebowski, those two take the cake for me, but still VERY good. First time poster in this section, sooooo :wave:

2. The movie wasn't really what i was expecting, but it was still decent. Also, I don't think it was very factual. The ending was a little far fetched.

3. Absolutely, the ending was ridiculous. Not to ruin it for anyone but canoes, fishing boats, sail boats and yachts all showing up at the same time at the same speed as if a pre orchestrated fleet, REALLY, people are drowning here folks, we don't need to make "WE LOVE YOU SIGNS"!! But I think the movie was more geared toward capturing the character and attitude of the DJ's and crew and also to impress the influence and presence they had in the UK.

4. you guys serious about the ending being 'far fetched'?
    what part of that movie made you think "oh, this is a totally factual and historically correct piece of filming history that is not meant for entertainment in any way'
    lol

loved it.

5. OP was the one to mention how he didnt think it was factual. I was agreeing and when i said far fetched is was a very sarcastic remark. Just like this one, "I like you"...