Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pipes

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NewSmokr, Aug 16, 2012.

1. So I decided to get a pipe because I've been wasting a lot of weed with joints, so my question is, how do I know which is a good pipe? Metal, glass? What should I look for? What are carbs? Also when lighting the goods, would I light it and inhale at the same time? Wouldn't I get lighter fluid also? Or do I light it for a bit, stop, then inhale. First time getting a piece so I don't really know what to look for, but I am defiantly looking forward to conserving my weed :)

2. Umm not really sure if trolling or not???

3. [quote name='"Phisherman"']Umm not really sure if trolling or not???[/quote]

I'm not trolling :( I'm just stupid, and it's my first time ever using/getting a piece ! Help me please!

4. 1. Get pipe (glass)
    2. Fill bowl
    3. Light and inhale at same time,but only light it while you pull and get the weed burning on its own
    4. Use the carb which is a small hole to get oxygen in ur lungs, uncover it to clear the pipe, and cover the carb while you inhale

5. image-3150374349.jpg

My new Sherlock

6. A carb is a hole on the side of the pipe (usually near the front near the bowl) that is used to "clear" any remaining smoke in the pipe without inhaling more or inhaling the bud.

When lighting can be tricky to understand for beginners your trying the inhale the flame of the lighter into the bowl of the pipe (not to hard, remember inhale slow, never suck) which will burn the bud producing smoke which will be inhaled at the same time as lighting.
    If you got good bud and moderate size bowl you can get to be "torched". Meaning the bud is still burning very lightly to where you can take a hit without lighting it again, equivalent to a joint that does not need to be lit again to take a hit. You also should not hold the light too long. The bud will catch fire and you can just inhale as it will be lit. You should only taste butane or whatever lighter your using until is a white/gray ash. What I'm saying is don't hold the lighter over the bowl the entire hit.

Oh, and go with Glass. Glass rules.

7. glass pipe. glass bowl. glass screen. glass perc. glass everything. stay away from metal and absolutely stay away from plastic. As for your other questions, it seems to me like you have a lot to learn. I suggest you look up a how-to video on youtube