Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pipes don't get me as high as joints?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jayjangle, May 28, 2011.

1. So in one session I will usually smoke about a half gram of good stuff to myself...most of the time I make a joint out of it, but last night, my friend (who was sharing his weed, the same stuff I bought last time...crazy strain) wanted to only use his pipe. We smoked three bowls within two hours, about a quarter of a gram per bowl for the last two and a half gram bowl for the first one. We completely finished all of them...and the last two bowls were smoked in the same sitting, with the first being smoked about an hour prior.

My friend, being a new smoker, got baked. I was really high, but I feel like I would have gotten far higher off of joints, as the previous day I smoked a little less than a half gram of the same stuff in a joint and got way higher.

Does this happen with anyone else?

2. It happens to me as well but I'm told it's because I don't know how to use the pipe properly which could be the issue.

3. Same here, thus, I only smoke joints. (Not pictured)

[​IMG]

4. In my experience, I've gotten the same amount of hits out of a bowl that I have out of a joint. Make should you break the weed down well, and don't torch the bowl until the very end. Start in one corner and work your way across the bowl. If you can get the bowl to stay lit between hits that usually lengthens the life span.

5. Umm..half a gram?........smoke more..

6. You smoke a joint in the span of 5 minutes,whereas with the pipe you smoked the same amount as a joint in the span of 2 hours. There.

7. hell yeah.why would anyone want to use a pipe over a paper plane?????

8. Try using a bong, you'll get way higher. :smoke:

9. i prefer pieces. they conserve weed better than joints

10. I hate to bump an old post but this was the closest I could find to my thought process on a google search. I am fortunately quitting smoking cigs finally but to my dilemma: I prefer smoking out of a blunt or joint since I did smoke. But I get so much higher smoking out of my pipe. I just don't really like smoking out of my pipe since its small. But when I do smoke 2-3 bowls the weed hits better than when I smoke a whole swisher between me and my gf... I feel like if I smoke more I will get high but I feel like my pipe does it better. I need a new bong to solve this problem, my last one was smashed.... :frown:

11. Congrats on kicking the habit. What exactly is your dilemma? You said your pipe gets you higher than your preferred method of blunts/joints, however it's small and maybe more inconvenient for you? It depends on several factors that determine the results. How do you inhale when you smoke? Do you pull smoke into your mouth and then inhale? Or straight to the lungs? That alone makes a big difference. Ive noticed heavier smoking friends of mine also hit to the lungs as well as myself, but I just started smoking that way maybe 2 years ago and have been involved with Mary for 12. I can rip the smallest piece of junk pipe and still get right though, because I know how to. Although now I'm on an almost complete concentrate diet lol. As far as blunts, try rolling a little more loose. If you know how it's a little hack to make your blunts rip your head off. Doesn't work the same with papers