Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pipe vs Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Seven Wishes, Jul 24, 2010.

1. How much different are the after effects on the lungs and throat of using a vaporizer vs smoking pot in a pipe or joint? I very literally cannot smoke it...if I do, for two or three days after I will barely be able to breathe at all and every last breath will be a major effort. The last time I tried to smoke it I very nearly wound up going to urgent care, as I could barely breathe for many many hours after.

Is a vaporizer significantly easier on the lungs? I have never used one, and know no one who has one to try it out. I am reluctant to buy a vaporizer on the chance it may be easier on the throat and lungs, but would do so if it is fairly certain I could deal with vapor over smoke. As is, I am confined to edibles as part of my medical use of MJ, and while that is helping, if I could spare the calories and delay in relief by using an inhaler, I'd welcome it.

Any advice/experiences/tips?

2. What the fuck is wrong with you? Couldn't breath after smoking. Man up! But a vaporizer will help this.

3. As a kid I had rather severe asthma and was prone to bronchitis. As an adult I don't have asthma day to day, but apparently I still have similar issues with the airways. Breathing in smoke is just not an option for me, which would obviously be easier, but just can't work for me and my tender virgin lungs.

Trust me...the last time I tried to inhale pot smoke a few weeks ago, the following two days were pure hell. I could have seen myself in the hospital very easily...getting enough breath to function was a major problem, and sleeping was impossible.

Major suckage, truly.

4. okay, im not gonna post an asshole response like kimmo, but yes in short. the vaporizer is easier on the lung. google it for reassurance if you please.

5. No worries about K's post....I know my reaction is wimpy. It's all good.

6. Definitely buy a magic flight launch box. Especially if you use it for medical purposes that way you can vape on the go. It's basically like inhaling warm air. I know lots of people who cough from even the slightest hit and they have no problems at all with my mflb.

7. That's not wimpy, it's just how your body is. We all have our quirks and things that are different. Don't let others bag on your body, your normal I promise! But the vapage should do you well, but don't buy a vape till you try one, that would totally blow if the vape hurt your lungs too and you can't return a vape once you've put the herb in it I'm pretty sure.

8. I would prefer a pipe, but whatever floats your boat.

:D

9. dude a vape will do you WONDERS!!!! I am exactly like you, well maybe not that bad but. I had to quit smoking cigs because I would wake up in the morning with so much flem that I had to cough out and by coughing it out I would make my throat so raw that I couldn't speak. So I quit cigs and i have never been happier since. I also went out and bought the Da Buddha vaporizer. OMG not only do you get higher off a smaller amount of weed but you can also save your remains and cook with those to get high again off of what you would have just thrown away. So I say take the step and get a vape. I even hooked my bong up to the vape and now I vape straight through the bong. You may not like that because now I can get extreme coughing hits like you could normally out of a bong, but I love it. Otherwise the vape is super smooth and the taste is out of this world.

10. You should try making cannabutter and cooking with cannabis. There are plenty of threads on this site to help you get started in the culinary world of cannabis. But be warned, not everyone enjoys the effects of mary jane when its eaten, it can tend to be a lot stronger and lasts much longer

11. he already said that this is what he has had to resort to.

12. Vaporizer through a bong or bubbler with hot water is the best! The hot water makes it moist and the helps filter out particles, which I'm sure would be helpful with asthma.

You would probably see some improvement with just the vaporizer alone. But it's kind of dry compared to water filtration.

The hot water and vapor combo is nearly like breathing air. Mmmm

13. you're not wimpy, you're respecting your body.

Anyway, a vape might really help your situation. It is a clean smoke, you aren't inhaling all that plant matter, which is what is probably making it harder for you to breathe after.

14. Well, yeah vapiorizers are going to be way easier on the lungs, but pipes do have that portability factor... Unless you get an AC adapter for your car and integrate your vape into your car. Actually I've always wanted to do that

15. I think you should look into a Magic Flight Launch Box. Its very small portable, and its supposed to be a rival with the big boy vaporizers. Its much easier on your lungs, Ive taken a ton of vape at once vs a rip off a bong and the difference is night and day. I think vapes give you a better more calm high myself

16. Well, yeah, the vaporizer is significantly easier on the lungs, as others have said. The doctor I went to for my MMJ card recommended vaporizing over smoking as part of his "medical marijuana advice."
    I just hope you can try it first. It sounds like your situation is a pretty serious breathing problem.

17. ...
    What?
    Have you ever used a vaporizer?
    If not, well then don't worry about it, but yeah, vaporizers taste like the actual essence of the marijuana, a hell of a lot tastier than smoke. I love my MFLB, to get back on topic, and yes, it's much easier on the lungs, you won't be upset if you're looking for stealth/portability. In fact, you should just learn about a bunch of vaporizers to find the best one for you. Go visit fuckcombustion[dot]com. The forums there helped me a lot.

18. #18 lwien, Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2010
    What the fuck is wrong with you ?? Neg rep comin' your way.......

To the OP. Yeah, a vape would be the way to go, and for your particular case, as someone else mentioned in this thread, hitting your vape through a bong filled with hot water would be a perfect solution for you.

19. I'm just gonna clarify, because some people cant think on their feet. it's a VAPORIZER, there's no smoke when used properly just VAPOR. when you vape weed you are not smoking it, it's like breathing weed tasting air. so of course your lungs will thank you for it, vaporizers are the real deal and probably the final frontier of weed consumption. it's also much safer, and the high lasts longer and is more intense. (makes lows feel like mids, and mids feel like highs, and dank feel like alien weed)

BTW, what were you smoking out of? it can be a factor if you're smoking out of anything but glass. if rolled, was the paper holding tobacco before? nicotine is often infused in the papers/wraps.

20. Learn to take a joke there, big guy. So quick on the neg rep, I'm going to cry.:(