Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pipe tips?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by stitches326, Aug 12, 2011.

1. I just got a new glass pipe, regular sized. I've only hit it once, but I wanted to know if there are any tips you have for hitting them? I just use it like a bong: draw it for a while, let go of the carb and inhale. But i saw my friend use it and he was opening his mouth and shit while he was hitting it. Are there any tips/tricks to get a better hit?
    Also, how do you put out the bowl after you take a hit?
    [​IMG]

2. That's not me in the picture btw, i found it on tumblr haha. i'm a guy.

3. Yeah make sure you corner the bowl, just hit the flames outside the center to keep it fresh, you can get green like 5 times that way. Just spark a section of bud and keep sucking to keep it lit, you won use your lighter as much and are nicer hits.

Idk what's up with your friend, but sounds like you got it down.

4. i dont think it really matters man as long as your getting high
    edit: yeah corner it. thats about it

5. Like the guys before me said try cornering it. It will also reduce the amount of gas that you're spillin on your weed, makes for nicer hits :smoking:

6. Def corner but for your friend I kinda do same thing sometimes taking big hits because my pipe is pretty small and big hits are usually really hot so sucking in some regular air cools it down a little I guess.

7. Try and get the bowl cold first.

8. Your friend is takin gis mouth off cause he is taking little hits and holdin them all in, if your pipe hits harsh then I would recommend you doing that too

9. Alright thanks guys, I didn't know about cornering. But like, after I take a huge hit, and don't want another for a minute or two should I put the weed out or just let it chill there?

10. Shits called puffin brah puff on dat shytt ya hurrd Let det shyt sitt rite were it at man it aint bouta be goin't nowurr.

11. Some people lick their thumb and put out the cherry which i think is gross and gets the weed wet. If you don;t want it to keep burning put it in a container for a little bit to reduce oxygen getting to it and the flame will go out. :smoke:

12. alright man sweet. i heard you could put it out with the butt of your lighter. does that work?

13. you can use your lighter, or, just keep your finger on the carb and put your thumb over the bowl so it covers the whole thing. (over, not in)

it takes away the oxygen and puts out the cherry pretty quick

14. If the butt of your lighter fits in the bowl then yea it should work :smoke:

15. that works, but keep in mind it'll leave 'evidence' on your lighter. :p if you're caught with it some dick cop could say that's drug paraphernalia even if it's all you've got...

you could put a nickel over the bowl to put it out, or just light small corners of the bowl at a time and take longer, steadier hits till the cherry goes out (instead of one big one that just gets cherry going and going hahah)

16. #16 percul8r615, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yea cause that's safe. Butane protected by a half mm if thin plastic vs fire. Hmmmm

17. I meant more of a zippo type lighter

18. #18 percul8r615, Aug 12, 2011
    I don't know too many potheads that use a zippo to spark herb. Cigs sure

19. Yeah, i'll do that probably. Except I'll use my palm instead lol.

20. #20 percul8r615, Aug 12, 2011
    Yea I usually just hold the bowl part in my hand covered and it's outie in like 2 secs