Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pipe tips

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Supreme025, Jun 30, 2010.

1. I just got my first pipe and when took my first hit I choked the moment I inhaled. so can anyone give me any tips on how to prevent my throat from buring if not im going back to blunt and bongs..

Thanks to those that take time to give some advice.

2. bowls are trash the shit breaks up and goes into your mouth its inconvenient when driving idk all around blunts are better. do what you want nobody really cares what you "go back to" but all in all blunts>all

3. I think you're pulling too hard, like on bongs. You have to hit a pipe less hard than bongs. Sometimes letting a little air come in around your lips helps too.

4. Inhale more slowly. Also, keep a water bottle of room temp water next to you. I personally find pipes to be way less harsh than bongs, but whatever.

5. Dont inhale to swiftly and forcefully.

Try to fill the chamber with smoke first, dragging air into your mouth rather than inhaling into your lungs. Then let go of the choke and inhale. Ash will less likely be inhaled that way, and you get a more concentrated hit of the smoke.

Just the right way to use a pipe.

6. just make sure you're not lighting too much of the bowl at once. what you need to do is "corner" your bowl. this means lighting the VERY edge of the weed. if you light a large portion/the whole bowlful, then you will surely get too much smoke thats too hot. this will cause you to cough. if you want, try to put a few crumbles of weed in order to not light too much but id suggest just practicing not lighting all the weed at once lol, not that its a feat of skill but you know.... :smoking:

7. with pipes/bowls i usually take it slow but i still get the burning sensation. blunts are the best dude

8. Just inhale wayyy slower dude, remember you aren't having to pull the smoke through water like in a bong. Or through the packed bud in a blunt/joint. Meaning the smoke arrives in your lungs alot faster than it would the other ways, if using a reasonably short pipe.

9. THIS

Also though, if its a decent size pipe id suggest investing in some glass screens. theyre like $1 a piece so if u dump one by accident its no big deal.

10. smoke it like a cigar, thats what i do. inhale with your mouth, then when you have drawn as much smoke as you can into your mouth, inhale it all at once, really quickly

11. pro tip: inhale slower and you're golden

12. Puff the pipe, rather than constantly dragging.

13. two other (possibly obvious) things ppl havent mentioned, but ill say it anyway.

esp. with a pipe you dont wanna scorch the bowl (hold lighter on it too long) cuz you'll get super hot hits that hurt.

also any headshop sells screens and theyre really cheap. not a bad idea to pop one in while you're getting a feel for your piece and so you can build up some resin to make the hole in the bowl a bit smaller so you dont pull ash or even worse weed through and inhale it.

14. sweet thanks for all the advice.

15. What is the pipe made out of? Glass? Buy a screen for it whatever it's made out of. And trust me, water nearby will save your life. Packing small bowls makes it easier when you are by yourself. I'd suggest packing enough for about 3 or 4 small-medium hits.

16. Use a glass pipe, with a glass screen, inhale slowly. Thats about it. You can also use the carb to control the amount of air/smoke you're getting to cool down hits to let you get huge tokes.

17. Haha, i said the same shit.

Before i knew it I lost like 15 glass screens.

18. The only thing you can do is smoke. Keep hitting it, eventually you won't be coughing.
    Practice makes perfect as they say.

19. To you blunts are less harsh than bowls...?