Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

pipe screens.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by biorobotics, Sep 28, 2012.

1. you know those little metal pipe screens? how much can you re-use them before you toss them out? how important is it to clean them? i usually just shake off the ashes and put the screens in a small ziplock baggie, sometimes rinsing the ashes off first, but not always. i'm getting kind of worried that i'm gunking up my materials.

2. Last night I scraped my metal screen clean cuz it was getting clogged .... I like glass screens better

3. they last for a long while. buying a pack of a couple of them so you don't have to worry about the cleaning process. they're just cheap screens

4. Yes my LHS gave me a couple five packs when I got a bubbler and I've been getting repeated uses out of them but when they get nasty I just toss them. They sell them for a dollar per five but they also sell glass screens but I still have several left as they last quite a while.

5. they are dirt cheap but you can bend and stretch them a little then shake off some of the crap. glass screens are great. when they need cleaning you can stick them in some rubbing alcohol or burn them clean with a torch(cigar) lighter.

6. It depends on the material. Brass screens, while less expensive, don't hold up as well as steel or titanium.