Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pipe not hitting well..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RainbowHappines, Nov 10, 2008.

1. So I had this awesome pipe that was my first.. cost me around $36 and hit like a dream. Well, I let a friend borrow it and the asshole ran off with it (left town and everything.. didn't even leave it with another one of my friends to give it to me) so I had to order another one. I got this online for about $15 (it was a whole sale store with no minimum orders).

[​IMG]

I've tried it out a few times, but only a few times because for some reason it isn't hitting well at all. I mean, I had to use a screen since my herb is ground up, but that shouldn't be causing the problem. Yes, I know how to work the carb. It seems to burn well enough but when I in hale, it's harsh but I get very very little smoke.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Solutions?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

2. Hmmm, since each piece is unique it could simply be that the placement of the holes (mouthpiece, carb and bowl) are not in proper alingment to allow for the proper suction and clearing action that the last one did. If this is the case then there is very little that you can do, the pipe looks perfectly clean so that can't be it.

That is shitty, maybe ask the company to replace it, let them know its not functioning.

3. Sucks that your friend took off with your pipe, but that looks very nice for $15, can I ask where you got it online?
    With the screen, try cutting some gauze down very small, so it just covers the hole. Then when you pack your weed, pack it down so there's very little air passing through, just smoke. If it's too open, there's probably air being sucked in at the same time as the smoke, making it less thick.
    As long as there isnt smoke coming off the bowl as you hit it, you should still be getting the most out of your weed, even if it doesn't seem so

Edit: oh, and I personally find that when you get air along with smoke in a hit, it tends to feel more harsh.

4. hit it like a steam roller, once your weed is burning kinda tap on the carb, the piece looks clear enough that you should be able to see the smoke in the tube so just tap every time you see the smoke fillin in there, we just got a pipe for 15 as well like that exact size and thats how i smoke it for monster rips

5. Dude I bought that same pipe like 2 years ago! :hello:

it didn't hit all that well either, is it clogged with resin now? that narrow spot in the middle used to get clogged in mine, that could be a problem... just a tip, don't tap that off of ANYTHING other than your hand to knock the ash out, I tapped mine off my desk to ash and boom! the bowl head was in like 10 little pieces

6. #6 GreyMatterTripp, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2008

I've found that pipes with the narrow center like the one you have now always have problems but plain spoons that aren't solid with that little hole drilled out in the middle but just plain hollow and open all the way through don't have those problems.

What I mean by open is this,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Yea I agree with 5k33t0. It's probably the middle part that's clogged. Even if it's not clogged, it's so narrow that it's probably robbin' the suction. You should buy an acrylic bong man. You can get small acrylic bongs for very inexpensive. They've got a carb, removeable bowl (you can buy bigger bowls) and they use a universal bowl size, so you can use the metal bowls with many different bong types.

-kROOVY

8. Is the carb too small?

9. Well it IS really small... and more on top of than on the side of the bowl.. could that be it?

10. It seems like a pipe is a pipe but I guess you get what you pay for. If the screens are very poor quality they could be burning and adding to the harhness of the hit. You could try a glass screen.

oh and +rep for being a redhead. I have a little mermaid complex or something.

11. if your in SD why dont you get a good cheap bong in PB? there are so many nice ones for under 50

12. Sounds like somebody got too much joy from watching the Little Mermaid. I don't blame you, Aerial's got it going where it counts heh. I just wish redheads would unite and breed so there can be more of them.

13. Dude, I AM a mermaid! I have a swimmable mermaid tail!
    [​IMG]

14. lol but dont send the one that you have been using lol thatd b the worst way to get arrestd lmao that be tarded im so smoked right now i can barely type i made atleast 17 spelling fixes in just this post thing lmao:smoke::D

15. oh...my...

Mermaids and medical marijuana! That does it, I'm moving to Cali.

16. lol ill sneak in ur duffle bag and go with u and u wont know and then whilst in the taxi ill unvelcroe the bag and pop out holdin a blunt and a bag :D hopin u dont kill me for laving all ur clothes on the side of the road:D:smoke:

17. LOL you guys crack me up!

But yeah I'm saving up for a top of the line mermaid tail ($700 made by the mertailor).. wanna donate? LOL!! :DD

By the way, I'm getting my med card soon too :hello:

18. This is quickly becoming hotter than the cleavage thread. I don't suppose you're accepting random marriage proposals?

19. why would you want a swimmable mermaid tail 0.o

20. You've obviously never seen splash.