Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pipe is strangley harsh

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ComplexTofu, Apr 9, 2013.

1. So my friend gave me this really cheap metal pipe a few nights ago cause he owes me and whenever I try smoking from it it's so harsh I can never toke properly from it. I've had plenty of other metal pipes and never had the problem before.
    It does, however, use a metal screen instead of being a proper conepiece/bowl and has a shotty (I think all you Americans call them carbs or something) right at the end of the stem.

So does anyone know if the harshness is related to the screen or the shotty, or is it just a horrible pipe?

EDIT: I'm just using it as fill in until I get my new bong, but it's still bugging me

2. Maybe just a shitty pipe, could be why ur friend gave it to u. My glass spoon hit like a dream and it has a carb too.

3. Try cleaning it. There might be alot of old resin in the chamber making the smoke taste bad and harsh too

4. I clean all my things regularly and I cleaned it when I got it so I don't think that's the problem. I'm with you it's probably a shitty pipe, I gotta get myself some glass.

5. metal pipes are always harsh for me. That is why i prefer glass.

6. I'm usually fine with metal pipes but I always feel tainted after using them. Once you've had glass you can't have anything else.

7. i know the metal pipes your talking bout, they are sold throughout many shops in aus. owned one for a little while before buying a glass pipe. The metal got very hot which affected the smoke and harshness o it,

8. Tell your friend he now owes you more for trying to give you a shitty metal death sentence.

9. Ahaha he already owes me a lot and I don't really mind, I can still use it well enough, I just always burn my finger on the carb