Pipe High Vs. Bong High

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by DriftingShade, Apr 9, 2012.

1. So my girlfriend and I had this debate the other night during one of our smoking sessions and we just can't decide which high is better and more worth it...so I thought I'd ask you guys. =) Here's my experience in detail:

Pipe High - These days it takes me 2 to 3 hits before I start to feel the effects. If it's potent enough, I can feel it in 1 or 2, but it's usually 2 hits. The high starts off nice and slow and moves through my skull quickly the more hits I take. By the end of the bowl I'm pretty well up into the clouds and I usually peak around then and start to come down about an hour or so later.

Bong High - With our bongs, (not sure about other ones) I can usually feel the effects after 1 hit. These hits aren't nearly as frequent as the pipe hits, but OH MAI GAWD they fuck me up fast. After 3 hits I'm quite high, but I'm coughing my head off. Then usually by the end of the bowl I'm baked as hell, sitting and staring at the wall and laughing at stupid shit and I'm usually that way for 30 minutes to an hour, then I start to come down a little.

The only thing I don't like about smoking out of a bong is the fact that it burns through pot like NO other and around our area (Wyoming) weed is hard to find and pretty expensive. (I usually pay 50 to 60 for about 3.5 - 4 grams.) I love smoking out of a bong, but we tend to stick to our pipes usually and use the bong one in a while.

So my question for GC is which do you guys prefer? Pipe High or Bong High?

2. There's a bunch of theories out there that say bongs get you the highest, pipes, then joints / blunts. Something about how you take in more thc when you use a bong, but i don't see how thats true. I believe bongs get you higher simply because it expands and filters the smoke before it goes into you, allowing you to absorb more active ingredients.

3. I enjoy getting stoned most of the time with a bong since it does the job best and it while making my hit cleaner and smoother at the same time. I enjoy bongs when I am staying in a single location with a small group of friends, but for things like quick smokes in public/ or being in busy places, video editing, or even playing RPG's like skyrim I much prefer pipes/ joints. The high tends to last longer and it's not as 'high'.

4. Pipes are nice, but there is something about me that don't like clean smoke going in my lungs. Bongs give you a nicer high and feels cleaner imo. It definitely kills it quicker because of the water filtration, but I think it is well worth it.

I'm not much of a pipe person. I've hit a nice steamroller and bong before. I've yet to hit a very high end pipe though, but water filtration is a winner for me. Here is my vaporizer + bubbler set up. Totally smooth and gets you ripped. Not to mention saves a lot of weed!!!!

[​IMG]
    DSC_0048 by WeirdOut, on Flickr

5. #5 Lizzysweet, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2012
    I'm more of a bong girl myself . Pipes are really good though but a bong is a little better on my lungs cause I can put ice in the water

6. Pipe highs seem to last longer than bong highs.

7. dont both get you high?

8. True, but medicating with a bong gets you more medicated. Thats what I prefer. :smoke:

9. there both the same its just how smooth the smoke is and how much thc (smoke) is absorbed in one hit

10. I love hitting my bong! It totally medicated me ...and beyond!
    I got a sweet little bubbler today-I'm hitting it now, I like, I like!
    Still love my bong!!!
    :bongin'

11. Why not both during the same session, that's what I'm about to do!
    :bongin:

12. I like bongs better... I can get bigger hits from them since the smoke is smoother...plus i have a carbon filter on it... you can't really put any attachments on a pipe... I like pipes when im in a rush/lazy or on the move

i gotta agree with the guy above me though, I feel a lot more high when I combine my ''toking tools''