Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pipe from spare metal parts

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nyarlathotep9, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Since my glass piece broke, I was gonna make a little pipe out of various parts so I could have something to take with me that I wouldn't have to worry about breaking. My friend offers to put one together for me, and it turns out instead of getting pieces that thread together to keep it airtight, he gives something just fuckin full of super glue. It's like he wanted to kill me, lol. The damn thing just fell apart too, and I've sat here with a lighter watching black smoke pour out of the thing (thanks, dude)

So i'v decided to put all the parts in boiling water to clean them off, and then solder it all together. But here's the problem, a lighter gets hot enough to melt solder but only after holding a flame on their for about 15 secs. So, if I solder in the places shown below
    Will the solder start to melt? the flame wouldn't even be touching

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this

Attached Files:

2. Hot glue is my recomendation OR black electrical tape haha

3. I don't want any glue whatsoever, it could seep through cracks.

Electrical tape isn't exactly permanent, and if I wanted something taped together I would continue to use the glass one, lol

4. Dude, just get a 1/4 socket and duct tape that to a pen tube.. 25 cent chillum right there

5. Eh, that is an option.

I guess I'll just go ahead and try this, I seriously doubt the solder would melt...

6. +rep!! i used to have on just like that only i used brass pipe parts.

7. I don't know about soldering that back together man. I wouldn't want to risk smoking that.

8. any kind of tape or hot glue is not a good idea at all.

the adhesive from any tape and sometimes the tape itself with get hot enough from the smoke to release toxins, and the hotglue that seeps inside the piece could also melt from the heat of the smoke.

generally homemade pieces are unsafe unless you get glass parts or metal without any coatings on it. with glass pieces you get the problem of connecting them but metal ussualy works since it can be screwed on.