Pipe Cleaning?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by MiamiDadeKryp, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Hey GC!

well heres the problem, I bought i pipe through my friends, friend.
    at first i thought it was really cool, until i noticed that it only seemed colored *some what purple or blue* because it was absolutely covered inside with resin. The pipe itself is clear with a little bit of green paint lines on it for style.so i tryed picking some out with a toothpick and what not, tryed a couple more things.

i looked in GC's search engine and found out you can boil your piece, and supposively it comes right off?

so what's the deal, just throw it in a boiling pot? i dont want to fail, and have to go buy a new peice naw mean?

any help is aprreciated, happy belated 420 yal, i was to high to even get on the computer. :smoking::hello:

2. I wouldn't recommend boiling your piece because it stresses out the glass

just pick up a bottle of this

[​IMG]

3. When ever I boil my pipe I just boil water in the tea-pot and then pour the water in a bowl along with my pipe and it tends to do the trick.

4. Just use iso and salt! Boiling water will stress the glass as ^^^^mentioned above ^^^^

5. :hello:

There you go homie, wiser words have not been said.

Get some of the HIGHEST concentration of isopropyl alchohol. (about $2 for a giant bottle)

and plenty of salt (Preferably sea, coarse, or kosher salt)

mix in a dixie cup, throw your bowl in there, and Shake it up for a good minute or two.

That should do the trick.

Or you can soak the thing in degreaser...Formula 480 works awesome.