Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

pipe/bowl cleaning

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by spazx, Jan 7, 2009.

1. i ahve 4 pipesand i know how to clean them but how do i clean them without stinking up my bathroom, when im cleaning im more worried about my parents knocking on the door asking why it smells like burnt weed than about cleaning my pieces, and lately i dont clean them as much as i used to because of this, is there anything i can do?
    i have a glass spoon which i just boil until the inside turns clear again or until the bowl is clean if i dont want to clear the inside yet
    a metal bowl which i do the same for
    a portable waterpipe with two small tubes, i want to try to use a pipecleaner on this one, i didnt find anything to clean it with yet so i havent
    a tobacco pipe, like a sherlock holmes pipe whcih i got today and plan on running under hot water to clean.

2. Just put it in a ziploc with iso and salt. The smell will be a lot less minimal than just cleaning the shit in the open air

3. whatexactly is iso?

4. #4 Token_420, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
    paper clip, needle nose pliers, and a few q tips.

bend the tips of the paper clips with the pliers and sweep the clip around the inside of the bowl, pull out the resin. (i give it to friends cuz i dont like smoking it, but you can if ya want to roll it up into a paper) be careful, if the paperclip wont fit right into the bowl, dont force it, pull it out and bend it so it will. use the q tip to get the rest of the resin out and shine the inside and shaft of the bowl. you can also bend the tip of the q tip to fit around the bowl (inside) to get all the way around the end of it) this takes a lot of precision and patience. i have been doing it this way for years and i've never broke one. (from cleaning)

sorry if that dont make sense, im stoned (wierd!?) if you have questions, ill be here for a while...

oh yeah, the resin is just goin to smell any way you do it so just burn some nag champa or something.

5. isopropyl alcohol. rubbing alcohol

6. Iso is Isopropyl rubbing alcohol, you can find it at any local supermarket.

If you put some warm water in a plastic baggy and a good amount of salt (so undissolved salt sits on the bottom) and put your piece in and shake it nice and good, then dump the water and do the same thing but with isopropyl your pipe will get nice and clean. By far the best method I've tried or seen.

7. that does seem like a really good method, ill try it tonight, how much iso do i use though, and is it completely necessary

8. i wonder if you pull out the clumps of resin and THEN do that or do you just the the pipe full of resin in the bag. i ask because if i dont really NEED to scrape it then i wont.

9. Enough to cover your piece. Yes it's necessary. That's how you get the resin off without heat

10. Generally, I do a few runs with the alcohol/salt mix. The first run I do is to get the main chunks out and loosen everything up as much as possible. After that I'll take it out and run a pipe cleaner or something through it or scrap it with a paperclip or something to get any visible, large chunks out and then I give it another wash in the iso/salt.

As for amount of iso, I put the piece in the bag and then pour iso in until it submerges the piece, but if you're running low on it you can put enough in just so that you can manage to submerge like half of it or so at a time.

11. and if i dont have any at all? i checked every drawer of the house the closest thing is injection prep pads, its 10pm here, is there any substitute i can use tonight or do i just need to pick up iso tom?

12. You can try hot water (from the tap) and salt, but it won't do nearly as good a job as the iso

13. Pick up Iso tomorrow. It will work very well. I did my glass bowl with rubbing alcohol just a week or so ago

14. Get the stronger isopropyl, closer to 99% the better. Get some epsom salt as well.

Fill the inside of the bowl half way with the rubbing alcohol, through the carb. Then put some salt in, pouring a little iso in to help get the salt inside the bowl. Do this over a sink. Hold your finger over the carb and bowl and shake it back and forth for a few minutes. Pour out and blast with hot water, then repeat. A couple of washes like that should unstick your bowl.. if you NEED to get big chunks out, a paperclip should help.

Enjoy.

15. the salt only got a little of it out, half of it i got out with a Qtip, tommorrow im going to get iso, its too late to go out and get it now, thank you everyone for your help, my pieces thank you as well