Pipe as a bubbler?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by iDKxHiggins, Jun 29, 2012.

1. So i was looking at my spoon pipe today and started thinking about putting a little water down in the chamber, it has a decently wide chamber so the water would fit in there nice.

Has anyone done this or would it even work that well? i kinda wanna try it :D

2. it needs a downstem, otherwise the smoke won't get pulled through the water... their would be no filtration at all....

3. Dont do that. If its just a normal spoon the water wont even touch the smoke. My first pipe was a blue sherlock dry pipe. The chamber had a part where it went down then it curved up to the bowl. I could put water in there and just as long as i pulled slow it would work like a bubbler.

4. I thought about it a long time ago when I didn't have a bubbler/bong. Never tried it though. I would think you would have a high risk of water in the mouth syndrome.

5. If you cut a hole in a gatorade bottle and stick the stem of your pipe through it, then fill the gatorade bottle with water passed the hole (seal it so nothing leaks). Hold the pipe slightly a downward angle.Badabing! 3 minute bong. it won't work like a real one, but if you only have a dry piece its a great way to try water filtration.
    As or your question I doubt putting water in a pipe would work..if it did, no one would bother paying more for bubblers..

6. sounds like a good way to get a mouth full of resin water haha

7. downstem is required.