Pinkish/Red/Purple hue to top petioles and new growth

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by nb19, Jun 11, 2016.

1. I noticed this just today. A beautiful but concerning reddish pink hue starting to form around the center of the petiole and new, young foliage. I almost thought Mg deficiency but am not sure. I have never seen this before. Could it hurt to just foliar spray with a micro nutrient supplement or could this be something different? There are also the most miniscule specks on the leaves, something that is occurring on all of my plants. This is the only one with the pinkish hue so far. They are all different strains though so I'm thinking maybe this could just be a characteristic?

Attached Files:

2. Sorry, the photo doesn't do a good job at showing the coloration, was better on my iphone

3. you rip the top of the plant

justified by calling it a fim/topping/listing/cropping

and then expect the plant to continue as usual

more study required here:

the coloring is sugar stalled due to fluctuating temps

good luck

4. It's not a rip as much as it is a light pinch of the top bud. Comes off easily. From the grow books I've read and videos I have seen (not to mention people at the hydro store I've talked with) there is nothing especially traumatic about that. But if you have an actual reason as to why this is a problem for the plants or could point me towards some accessible lit I'd be very interested to hear it. Thanks for the advice on the coloration. The temps have been weird this year. Any advice on how to counter the fluctuation? It can only get more extreme from here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cropping a plant can have negative effects if in one of those small grow boxes is all

keep an extra eye on the temps at your root zone

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks, I'll make sure to keep track of it!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Oh and if by grow box you meant an indoor setup like a tent, this is outdoors, albeit in pots.

8. They just do that. Some more pronounced than others. It's not from topping and I hardly think it's caused from a grow tent. I've never ever heard of that and I've done a ton of reading. I see you're outdoors. I wouldn't worry about it as the plants look healthy. I don't even see the pink but I know what you're saying.

You might look into shade cloth. A lot of outdoor folks use it.

9. Look at the center of my Tree of Life i just noticed today and the growth rate has gotten faster... I looked up everything i could on it. Im not to sure but toping tommorow most likely 20191122_232344_HDR.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app